How often do you vaccume??

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I should vacuum twice a week, but it's more like once a week. I have hardwood with area rugs, so the situation isn't so dire. Plus my vacuum has to be stored in the basement, so it's a bit of an ordeal to bring it up....

One funny thing though is how many dust bunnies (or should I say kitties, as the tumbleweeds are all fur) collect in the corners of each hardwood stair! There is more fur there than anywhere else. Does anyone else have this phenomenon at home?

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

I should vacuum twice a week, but it's more like once a week. I have hardwood with area rugs, so the situation isn't so dire. Plus my vacuum has to be stored in the basement, so it's a bit of an ordeal to bring it up....

One funny thing though is how many dust bunnies (or should I say kitties, as the tumbleweeds are all fur) collect in the corners of each hardwood stair! There is more fur there than anywhere else. Does anyone else have this phenomenon at home?
My tumbleweeds (or dust kitties as the case may be) collect in the corners of the rooms with hardwood. They also collect under the big cast iron radiators. Nothing like fishing out a bunch of furry mice and crinklepoms and getting a good crop of dust kitties too...I would like to vacuum regularly, but our vac has been on the fritz for a month now
. Luckily most of my house is hardwood and I can just pick up the rugs and beat them outside.

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Never! We bought this house largely in part because of the hardwood floors and lack of vaccuuming. I'm really happy with the decision; when we lived in a carpeted apartment, I couldn't stand the noise, and had to leave the place while my husband did it. Brooms are much quieter.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only vaccuum once every 2 weeks, but I use the dustbuster every day for litter and kitty "tumbleweeds".

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was unemployed, I did every day
But now that I'm working- its every other day-..... or whenever I'm not extremely tired from the day to do it that night! But I always try and do a lot of the cleaning on Sunday mornings. I like to start out the week with a nice clean apartment

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How often DO I vaccuum, or how often SHOULD I vaccuum? lol..big difference! Most of our house is hard wood floors, so the only carpets that need it are in the bedrooms, so usually when company is coming!
The wood floors are swept a few times a week (before I get attached to the dust balls and start naming them!). Plus, Monster will go into a seizure when I run the vaccuum...she absolute hates it and stress will through her into one (she take phenobarbital every night to control them, but vaccuuming apparently is an extreme stress for her) so I'm more likely to be crawling around on my hands and knees picking up bits of dog toy guts and whatnot rather then
her out.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i usually vacuum 1-3 times a week. we have mostly carpet, with 2 small areas of linoleum. i try for 3x a week, but lately it's been 1-2 times a week. we have a smaller 1-bedroom. as long as i keep up, it doesn't get bad with just us and the 3 cats.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't vacuum nearly often enough to keep up with all the shedding that goes on in our house, especially at this time of the year. I vacuumed yesterday morning, and then Spike and Oz had a big scuffle in the living room and left tufts of fur all over the place, so now I need to vacuum all over again. I swear, they do it on purpose!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I vac every day because of Seth.We have carpet and I hate it.I want hard wood, but Shawn says no because it will be to cold in the Winter.
Hardwood floors aren't cold but tile surely can be.

We have hardwood throughout the lower level (except the kitchen) and I vacuum once per week with a couple quick sweeps in between. Yes I have the fuzzy bunnies too, thus the sweeping in between vacuums.

As most of you know by now, Bijou loves to be vacuumed so I have to spend about 5 minutes or so vacuuming him while he rolls around making certain I get all sides. That's one of the fun things about vacuuming - hmmm only one I can think of right now.