how often do you text?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

im an addict, i do it while shopping, driving working, i dont even talk on the phone anymore
You text while driving?? SHAME on you!! Put the stupid phone down and pay attention to the road, not the dumb texting.
I never text, I hate it. I have a cell phone, but only use it if I have too. I hate the phone when I am away from work and do not need to be bothered by a text message.

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't text... I don't even have a cell phone.
Drives me nuts when someone can't go 5 minutes without pulling out their cell and texting.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I think my phone has texting capability, internet, camera, and who knows what else. I don't have any idea how to use any of that, I just wanted a phone.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I txt all the time!! I love it all my friends have Verison so its free for us to txt all day long. It is also alot eaiser for me to send 1 txt to all my family giveing them an up date on my pregnency rather then having to call 15 poeple and say the same thing over and over again. Its qick, easy and if I don't want to talk to someone any more I just stop txting rather then having to make up an excuse to get off the phone. Alot of my friends are going to college so I can send them a quick hey whats up and they can get back to me on their own time without us playing phone tag for weeks! I don't even want to know how many I send a day.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am also one of those people who has a cell phone mainly for emergency purposes. I never text at all. I hardly even use the phone, honestly, except occasionally to call my hubby and ask him in he needs anything while I'm at the store!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both hubby and I have never texted. And we tell people to NOT text us - as we will not respond. If you want to contact us - call or use email.

In our opinions a phone is a phone - its not a computer, camera or anything else. TALK on the phone if you want to communicate

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

In our opinions a phone is a phone - its not a computer, camera or anything else. TALK on the phone if you want to communicate
You know regular cell phones won't be around that much longer. Already you can't find any newer models without cameras.

It's a tool, just another means of communication. But if you happen to be able to use it to IM, check email, etc it can be helpful if for some reason you find yourself without a computer. One of the biggest reasons people tend not to accept the other features is simply not understanding them.
An example would be my in-laws cable receiver. It has a lot of options they claim they will never use because they don't understand them yet. Give them a few months to get use to it and I know they will.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just recently upgraded my phone, and do txt. Not as much as others do, but I find it handy if you're in a place where you don't want to be heard, or to send short msgs, etc.

Because I pay for unlimited txting, its actually cheaper to text than to call.

I dunno, I'm not a phone person very much. Prefer email or txt.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cats4sky

im an addict, i do it while shopping, driving working, i dont even talk on the phone anymore
thats me!! I HATE talking on the phone lol...I would just rather text

I forgot to say...on our last phone bill out of all 4 of us, mine was the highest one for texting. lol im not going to say the number though *blush*

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

As for those who text (or talk on your phones) while driving. I hope you get caught - you need a wake up call. That is very big distraction, those few seconds off your reaction time or your eyes away from traffic around you is all it takes to kill someone.
Ignore it till you can stop or pull over. Life isn't so short that you have to risk cutting it even shorter.
I have to agree with you on that, because I am guilty of texting & driving & actually it used to be very easy when I had a regular cell phone, I wouldn't even need to look at the phone to text because of predictive texting but now I have a blackberry with a qwerty keyboard & I swear I must look like I'm drunk driving b/c it's so hard to text & drive with this phone so I am going to definitely work on that, thanks for the tip!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

thats me!! I HATE talking on the phone lol...I would just rather text

I forgot to say...on our last phone bill out of all 4 of us, mine was the highest one for texting. lol im not going to say the number though *blush*
u need to get unlimited texting

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work weird hours - and sometimes need to be on important decision at the shelter, so I sometimes sneak my cell phone to work with me. That way if something comes up, I can check the text (if not busy) & respond.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am far from good at texting but I do about 300 to folks not on my cell plan a month.... I learned it is a easy quick way to tell someone a quick thought or idea ... I prefer email to texting and texting to talking ... Talking is way easier with my bluetooths