How often do you replace your mattress?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks!  Ironically I could NOT sleep last night!  I slept for less than 2 hours on the couch and then I was up till after 6!!  DH let me sleep in.  We missed church; but I don't know that I'd have gotten anything out of it.  Of coures right now everyone is napping BUT ME!  I'm washing the new bedding!
  Once DH is up we'll be moving some things around in the bedroom.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand! But hun, take it from me, I've been a massage therapist for 18+yrs. & worked w/ many chiropractors. If you have to sleep on your tummy (I know sometimes ya just do) Please put a pillow under your hips. It's so bad for your lumbar to sleep on your tummy. (not lecturing, just offering some advice 
 ).

"Enjoy your new mattress, sounds wonderful!!" 

Well we ended up buying a new mattress today!

I laid on the tempurpedic and it was ok.  I didn't think it was "soft" enough.  So the sales guy showed me the Phenom bed by Simmons Comforpedic.  He had us lay on them for several minutes so they had time to adjust.  After a few minutes my lower back started to relax.  It was NOT cheap so it better be worth it!!  It reacts to your position change a little faster than the tempurpedic; which I like.  It is also supposed to be better about the heat factor.  The sales guy said neither of those beds should make you sweat but you will be a little warmer in the tempurpedic.  We will see how it goes with the Phenom.

The purchase also included new rails (we don't even have a headboard...our bedroom looks like we are still in college...lol), the mattress protector and 2 pillows.  The pillows we got were the ridiculously expensive ones by Simmons that "go" with the bed; though we could have chosen others.  It felt like it cradled my head without me having to bunch up the pillow like I do at home.  (I can't wait to sleep on my belly again!)

We decided to upgrade to a king from our queen.  These beds are supposed to last a LONG time; so we figured it was now or never.  The bed should be delivered Monday.  So that meant we had to go buy new sheets and blankets too! 

I can't wait to give this new bed a good test run!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still getting used to it!

It is definitely different than an inner-coil, pillow top.  I had 2 good nights sleep in it and this morning I woke up hurting.  But who knows if it's pregnancy related or not.  I'm gonna give it a while before I give an official review.  But I do notice turning over right now is easier since it doesn't have that "sink" like a regular mattress does.

I do however LOVE having a king size bed!  Since I'm sleeping with a body pillow during my pregnancy it really makes things less crowded.  I was considering buying a 2nd one now so I don't have to drag it with me when I roll over!