How often do you paint your nails?

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nevernever. It wouldn't last. I work in a plastics plant and I constantly have my hands in grease, hydraulic oil, or glycol. Anyway they're too short, it's easier to keep them clean that way

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never, I do have nails, and if I wanted to I could grow them longer, but I prefer them a little shorter.... I am a complete failure at polishing my own, but would love to go for a manicure

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Latley I've been painting my nails every other week. Usually I don't wear nailpolish, but I'm still waiting for my gel nails to grow out and they look terrible (I had them done for my wedding and never again!)

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I paint my toenails in the summer (when I remember -- usually the polish is horribly chipped by the time I get around to repainting); it makes me feel very girly. I very rarely paint my fingernails because I'm incapable of making the polish last for more than ten minutes without ruining it on something. Sometimes I'll paint my nails for a formal event or for an improv production, but that's about it.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I am the only person so far who paints my nails several times a week. I only go to get them done a couple times a year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I guess I am the only person so far who paints my nails several times a week. I only go to get them done a couple times a year.
I paint mine a certain color once a week and apply a fresh layer of clear top coat on top of that every other day to keep my manicure fresh
You're not the only one

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been blessed with good strong natural nails which are capable of removing staples from papers.

I also usually do my nails several times per week. I prefer the french manicure look but instead of the white white I use a pearl white which tones the starkness down a bit. As a base I use 2 coats of Sally Hansen's Triple Strength and then 2 coats of pearl white on the tips and one coat of a blend my daughter made up of several colours for the final coat.

I also NEVER use a metal nail file and use the emery board in an outward direction only (never back and forth).

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I paint mine for special occasions only or picture day, mainly to hide how unattractive they are without it.
Mine are thin, peel, and break easily, though after 2 weeks in the hospital and almost 2 weeks of doing practically nothing at home, they look great and I actually had to trim them because they were too long
! Maybe I should get out the polish!