How Often do you get your...

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I have fine hair that is wavy and about 3 headsworth.... My fav part is getting it thinned
Ohh...me too! One time long ago I got highlights and it took two hours just to pull my hair through the cap! Every stylist that I go too says "WOW..you have alot of hair!"
Thinning is definately the way to go

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have long, curly hair, so it doesn't require cutting too often. My mother still cuts it for me...she's a former stylist and the only one who's ever been able to get the hang of dealing with my curls. We do it every six months or so.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have long thick curly hair and I don't really enjoy going to get it cut. I can leave it for ages, basically, until I get loads of split ends and it gets too knotty then I go and have it cut. Everytime I go I promise myself after that I will go back before it gets too much of a mess but I never do!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get mine cut every 4-6 weeks. I keep it pretty short and it's so thick that it really starts getting on my nerves if I let it get too long.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

Hair cut????

Personally, I dislike getting my hair cut. It's been over a year (it was a year April 7th), but I am going to give in and get my mane cut for student teaching. *sigh* I am just not talented when it comes to hair styling.
Im a licensed stylist and your suppose to get your hair cut/trimmed once a month! Hair on average grows 1/2 an inch a month, and to maintain healthy ends it is suggested to receive cuts monthly, do i do that? NOPE!!!! I can never find a stylist I like and when I tell them what I want done with my hair (down to specifics) it gets messed up or I have to fix things when I get home! I always cut my own side-swept bangs because no stylist can get them right besides myself! So as of this point probably once or twice a year! Eventhough I am a stylist I NEVER cut my own hair (besides bang trim) it is impossible to meet the right angles and proper position by yourself (no stylist I have met cuts their hair alone)!

Ever since I went to school and became licensed I have become very meticulous because that is the way I am with my clients, i expect the same in return when I am in someone elses chair! I notice mistakes normal people wouldn't in a flash, in a way it's kind of a curse!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiesx2

Ohh...me too! One time long ago I got highlights and it took two hours just to pull my hair through the cap! Every stylist that I go too says "WOW..you have alot of hair!"
Thinning is definately the way to go
You should never pull long or dense hair through a cap, foils only! Hair gets tangled, uneven results, and color does not get close to the scalp with a cap! I hated using the cap, I would only use it on boys if I had to! Color is my specialty and for hair such as yours it would be more efficient (time) and the results magnificient with foils or highlighting papers! Caps are a thing of the past... I taught all my mentors how to foil and they never turned back to the cap afterwards! Not to mention the cap and hook hurts and can cause scalp abrasions!
Take no offense your stylist must have immense patience and muscle mass

Final note... You should never take a thinning shear or a razor (for a thinning or texture process) to curly or overly curly hair! A tip for your stylist if she ever recommends doing so it is a huge NO NO!