How often do you dream?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I have to disagree with this. We all dream, that is REM sleep and without it, you can actually go crazy. I don't have the sleep studies at hand to link to, but there are many. It is just that many people do not remember the dreams.
Yes, and in fact, we all have dozens of dreams each time to enter into REM sleep.

For years I rarely remembered any of my dreams. In fact on the very rare occasion that I did, it was usually a night terror.

A couple years ago I had a sleep study done and it was discovered that I have Chronic Obstructive Sleep Apnea and never entered into REM sleep and therefore didn't dream. When I was put on a CPAP machine during the study I woke up in the morning and told the tech that I had been having hallucinations!!! She told me that I had been dreaming: That I entered into REM sleep and stayed there and had dozens and dozens of dreams! Now I use a CPAP machine at night and I dream every single night. Some dreams stick with me after I wake up, others I remember for a fleeting few seconds upon waking and then they are gone.

But we all dream, provided you enter into REM sleep. If you aren't dreaming, then you should see your doctor and request a sleep study.

gato_gris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a really weird dream last fall where I was standing in my room and an entity in the form of my cat was biting me in the neck and I heard an unknown, dissonant language. Then the cat became larger, then I became discorporated after which I transferred myself back to my body in the bed and woke up.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gato_gris

I had a really weird dream last fall where I was standing in my room and an entity in the form of my cat was biting me in the neck and I heard an unknown, dissonant language. Then the cat became larger, then I became discorporated after which I transferred myself back to my body in the bed and woke up.
Was this when you first got your cat?

gato_gris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't often remember my dreams because I take sedatives for sleep.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No, I've had him for several years.
Was there something in your life someone was trying to say, or tell you, that hapened to you at that time?
That it happened a while ago and still sticks with you is something unresolved.

gato_gris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was paranoid at the time, but I think I remember the dream because it was so bizarre.

gato_gris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think what might have triggered it was encountering some wild animals on a long hike in the middle of the night (2 bear cubs in an enclosure, 3 cougars - one looked like it was getting ready to pounce, a fisher, and several deer).

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was paranoid at the time, but I think I remember the dream because it was so bizarre.
Bizzare happens all the time in dreams.
It is what skicks in our minds we have to ponder.
Paraniod about what? You dont have to answer.