How often do you clean your cat bowls?

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I Only wash mine once a day O: Reading some of theses responses I now feel like I should do it more often O:

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed dry so I don't wash the bowls intill they look dirty... Lol. I'm horrible!

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minimum four times a day since Bagel arrived. I feed raw. I also have a few extra dishes so I can just swap them out easily but... I don't have enough.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dry food, I'll pop them in the dishwasher whenever I run it. I live alone, so that's usually every 5-7 days. Wet food dish gets washed after every use.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only give dry food to all the cats I've had. The food bowls get washed and after dried with paper towels every time I fill their plates. What's left I pour onto a paper towel and then pour it on top. Water bowls get washed very refilled every morning. Their plates are on a kitty table mat side by side. I don't put the plates into the dishwasher as I only run it once a week.
If don't have hit water in the summer you could always, for their plates, boil some water and mix it with cold. I usually only use cold. By the time the water warms up I've done them already.

miloandotis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wet food bowls are washed daily as are their waster bowls unless I am interstate for the weekend (My work has me traveling frequently)

If I am going away hey have an extra bowl of wet and an extra bowl of dry left out and 3 waters. If I am away for more than 2 full days I get my neighbor to check in on them and wash their bowls and give them more fresh food.

My vet has advised me to always keep dry food available. My kitties get a bowl of dry food that never runs out - It's kept full and will be washed once-twice a week.

They seem happy with this arrangement :)

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!  I just took a picture of the cat dishes I have waiting to be sterilized and put into the dishwasher - this is a daily chore for me - and I wonder why I'm tired. 

princess123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
every day at each meal we offer

if it is only kibbles we leave that out for a week or so if it is soft food mixed we claen each time the food is offered be it 2 times a day which is normal or these days every 1 1/2 hr as we are coaxing her to eat

we also use very hot water to wash them and nothing else they are procelain bowls

csipost

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me too, 1 cat, every night, but the backup, modified automatic feeder is a problem with the cat spit. It is so hard to get squeeky clean.

Thankfully she hardly ever has to eat from it, only when I get stuck on a job & miss dinner time. Even after a hot soaking then washing

with dish soap it still seem to be slick in the one spot she licks from when it's wet. A plastic Petmate Infinity Portion Control that used to

deliver from a quarter to 2 cups until I modified it to do 53cc minimum each time for Honeys diet. She eats Core wet at night.

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I find my bowls at thrift stores too.  I use fruit nappies, which aren't as popular as they used be, I guess we humans aren't eating enough fruit desserts.  With 7 cats to feed we go through a lot of bowls a day, at least 14, and my dishwasher is filled with them more than anything else.  I prefer the porcelain/china bowls that were part of a set of someone's dishes to the clear glass little bowls as I can see them on the floor better.  Water bowls are from the the thrift store too but are bigger casserole dishes or are ceramic mix master bowls for the dog.  And, why does the dog think the water in the cats' bowls is better than the water in his big bowl?  LOL.