How often do you clean out your car?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My car is now clean inside because my kids are grown and I no longer eat in my car but...
back in the day, the inside of my car could have been condemned a couple of times.

Food wrappers, old receipts, sand from the beach, toys, the list went on....

When did you last clean out the inside of your car?
It's time to confess.

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
About two months ago. My husband has a bad habit of checking the mail and putting it in the car. I refuse to clean up whatever he puts in the car. If I put it in the car, I'll clean that up...

We're going to look like the postal service pretty soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker

About two months ago. My husband has a bad habit of checking the mail and putting it in the car. I refuse to clean up whatever he puts in the car. If I put it in the car, I'll clean that up...

We're going to look like the postal service pretty soon!
The junk we can pile up in our cars.

frankthetank

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

My car is now clean inside because my kids are grown and I no longer eat in my car but...
back in the day, the inside of my car could have been condemned a couple of times.

Food wrappers, old receipts, sand from the beach, toys, the list went on....

When did you last clean out the inside of your car?
It's time to confess.
I think this is every car I have owned!!!!!!!! I should not seem proud of this, and I am not at all..

Throughout high school and half of college, I could barely give anyone a ride anywhere bc my old honda was such a mess. Cleaning it out was a 3 trash bag/2 hour expedition where I wore gloves because of the stuff I would find.
My parents handed down their old car when mine died, with me swearing to care for it better. That lasted about a year. I moved twice with the car, and each time the stuff just piled back on.
I sold that car a year and a half ago, and got a jeep. I swore to myself I would keep it clean. I still have items in the back of the jeep that I removed from my old car. The back seats and front seat are cleaned out nicely, but the back still has a lot of books and junk.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clean my car almost every day and still junk piles up. I do eat in my car because I go from work straight to class and pick up food on the way. I also eat snacks and candy and the wrappers go everywhere.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My car is always clean inside because there is no one to make a mess. There might be some dustbunnies around but that's about it.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im pretty obsessive about keeping my car clean. The worst it has ever looked was when I had 4 empty water bottles on the floor of my back seat, a couple fast food receipts in my little cubbyhole, and some dirt and gravel on my floor mats. I pretty much clean it inside and out once a weekish, maybe every other week but I keep all the garbarge and ickyness out of it. I make an honest effort to not have to hear BF gripe moan and complain that I dont 'take care of the car'....blah blah blah blah blah

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now the van (Goldfender) is also serving as a storage shed - as well as the usual trash from my forays to fast food joints.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's pretty messy right now
I think we have a few of Landon's sippy cups, a few water bottles and some other junk

Thanks for the reminder to clean it out

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont have trash in car but the dog hair is uncontrolable!!! Hes got white hair cars got the black center cup holders/change holders. I break a bag of litter every so often and broke one last month and yet to vac it out(dogs afraid of vac @ wash place...and will not attempt to go through washer with him.
When someones in car its just a matter of putting towels down on seats-i have towel for the dog but still know he slips every so often and sheds(dont care to much except if we take my car and are going out to eat at anything more then fast food i feel like a slob

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's been over a year. There's not a lot of trash in there because I don't eat in my car or leave cups/cans/bottles in there. I do think that my receipt from getting my tag last August is sitting somewhere in the back seat, though.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot stand to have junk in my car! That drives me insane! I pick up any trash inside my truck everytime I get out of it. DH on the other hand might clean his car out every 6 months when we go somewhere together in it.
As for cleaning it (vacuum and such), I hardly do that!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I had a car , I nearly lived in it ... I would do a cursory clean once a week and thorough once a month

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never cleaned the inside of this car or the last one
It's not as bad as it sounds though, hubby does it

He does Daughter's too - they're always sparkly inside and out.

We do have some stuff in the boot (trunk for you US guys) that are permanent fixtures - the big umbrella, waterproofs (yes we live in the UK...so it rains a bit.....they're necessary
) and the plastic sheet that we keep in there for muddy jobs e.g if we've been to the garden centre, or putting the bikes back in the car after a ride.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My car is a mess. I broke down today and finally took out 3 broken CD's, 2 McDonald's bags, the box from a Double Cheese Burger, about 10 receipts and other misc junk.

I cleaned the inside of my car thoroughly about a month ago and I never put the mats back in on the floor now the bottom of my car is a muddy mess. When I've got some spare $$ I'm going to get it professionally cleaned.

adriana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rarely.
I usually get BF to do it, but since we have a total of 3 vehicles, it's hard to keep up. I'm kind of anal about keeping it clean, so sometimes I bring it to get professionally detailed. A waste of money, I know, but they do a good job, especially at getting the dog hair out of the carpet. Grrr, I hate that! Luckily, the dogs are always in the back, behind the barrier (I drive an SUV), so it isn't too bad in the front. The rear is just.. wow sometimes. Dog hair, dog toys, dog drool, etc.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

My car is always clean inside because there is no one to make a mess. There might be some dustbunnies around but that's about it.
yay, same here!!