How my 82-year-old mom made me laugh so hard I swallowed a nectarine pit.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of our son interviewing his 97 yr old grandfather for a school assignment.

He had to ask him a bunch of questions like he was interviewing him. He asked him how many children he had, etc. Grandpa had a dry sense of humor - you never knew what would come out of his mouth.

So our son is busy writing this all down, and asks him "Grandpa, what did you like most about your children?"...Grandpa replies.....well...........I liked MAKING them!"

Our son got sooooooooo red and he didn't know what to do/say after that one!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Poor mom, she knew she blew it.
At least your mother understood the joke. My mother just doesn't get that sort of innuendo so she would probably sit there and stare at me blankly. And then I would have to explain it. (on the other hand, it could have been a ploy so I didn't tell her any dirty jokes
)

mickey14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ha ha HAHAHAHAHAH!!
that is a good one! It sounds like something my mom might say!!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh! You're right, Howdy Doody was the MARRIONETTE!
And here I was thinking MenasMom's mother had the hots for Buffalo Bob!
NOoooooooooooo, but that IS funny!
That's why we were hysterical--how the hell else is Howdy supposed to look??? Man, she cracks me up.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Reminds me of our son interviewing his 97 yr old grandfather for a school assignment.

He had to ask him a bunch of questions like he was interviewing him. He asked him how many children he had, etc. Grandpa had a dry sense of humor - you never knew what would come out of his mouth.

So our son is busy writing this all down, and asks him "Grandpa, what did you like most about your children?"...Grandpa replies.....well...........I liked MAKING them!"

That is GOLD!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh I can see my Grandma saying that! It was just a year or 2 ago that she told my Grandfather in front of all of us Grandkids that she wishes he would take her and squeeze her an something else, I forget what exactly she saidafter the squeezing part. But she had wrapped her arms around herself and was doing a little twisty dance there! I think something on TV started that conversation. Grandpa sat there blankly looking at her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my gosh, what a character!
At 97, he said this? I like this guy!

And Mooch, your Grandma sounds like mine -- only difference is, Grandpa would've taken her up on it!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep - he lived till he was 100 yrs old too. I kinda adopted him as my grandfather when I married DH cause I only had one grandparent growing up and he died (my mom's dad) when I was 10, so I really appreciated having a grandparent.

He was pretty cool - everyone loved him and respected him too

One of the most interesting questions/replies from him:

He was asked this - "What was the best and worse invention in the last 100 yrs" (at his 100 yr old birthday party). Without much thought he replied "Electricity".

Explaining that it was one of the best cause it brought in all new things and conviences; however it also was the worse as it kinda broke the families apart in many ways. Before electric you all did the cooking/washing/cleaning together as a family. After electric you had dishwashers, etc. which scattered the family into other areas of the house - thus you lost a lot of important family communication.

Think about it!