How much would you say your cats costs you per month?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gees you guys spend a lot!!!!

My last bag of Science Diet dry food was about $25 and has lasted nearly 2 months I think (about to run out). Their shots were $10-12/shot at the shelter. They were getting Meow Mix wet food, but Stumpy eats it too fast and throws it back up again, so they only get small amounts as a treat every now and again, so I'd be surprised if I spent more than $5/month on that. The other actual kitty treats they got have lasted a while. I try not to overfeed them, and I don't think they would be any happier from getting regular "treats".

Litter - I just spent about $15 on 80lbs of Fresh Step litter from Costco, and that'll last a few months!!!

Vet bills - they're both young, healthy, inside cats, so I don't foresee any major veterinary problems. Stumpy had a vet check lately for allergies which cost about $60, and she seems fine now.

Toys - their favourite toys are little things they can bat around - furry mice, balls, foster kitten (
) and that sort of thing. If I buy them new toys, they're little $3-5 things.

I would estimate I spend US$30/month maximum on them after the initial costs (adoption fees and set up). I could probably spend less on them still if I was on a tight budget.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I would say alot. I try not to even think about it. I go threw about 80 in food every month. Thats when I dont have fosters. Plus flea mesd which is 10 per cat. So thats 40. Bagheera's medicine averages out to 30 a month. Thats not counting any vet visits that might be needed. So that is like 150 a month. Oh I forgot litter. I think thats about 20 a month. So around $170.

kooky&crazy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 2 crazies cost me about AUD100 per month

Each month I use:
- about 6kgs of cat litter crystals/beads
- 4-5 bags of 1.5kg Optimum dry cat food
- A few cans of Eukanuba wet food

Hehe

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For two cats, just the essentials with no vet bills, it's about $55.00 a month. That includes a Feliway refill for one of my cats that is easily stressed, I keep one going all the time.

thehouseofgods

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GOD! im glad im not the only one who cant help the impulsive buying.... im going out to go get more groceries for me and my huby and im like.. hmm.. maybe i should go get that cat post i wanted so much the other day.... lol now they have two! one with a house on top that is a traditional type of catpet..... and the other one has a house at the top of two long pols with a little set of stairs leading to another box. :p but yes everytime i go to the pet store... its "Look what mommy bought you".... lmao i went to go buy some stuff for the fish..im going.. i need that...well i migh as well get that..and that...

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My rough estimate is I spend on average about $100 a month.

food- around $60
litter- around $15
vet - rough estimate $21 just for normal check-ups

this is not counting treats, toys, and shows because these are things cats can live without.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here it goes:

Food: $45.00 - wet and dry
Litter: $10.00

Vet: $120-150 anually - he has to go 3x per year to get his anal glands expressed