How much wet food does your cat eat in a day?

kittensncoffee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can anyone tell me if this is ok-- right now I feed my girl 2 cans of fancy feast classic pates a day, one in the morning and one at dinner time. She eats it within five minutes. She's very underweight Bc she was found in December as a stray who had 8 babies she was nursing. Is two too much? Not enough?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can anyone tell me if this is ok-- right now I feed my girl 2 cans of fancy feast classic pates a day, one in the morning and one at dinner time. She eats it within five minutes. She's very underweight Bc she was found in December as a stray who had 8 babies she was nursing. Is two too much? Not enough?
Has she seen a vet lately to rule out any medical issue that would explain why she is underweight?  If she has and it's not medical related then I would just feed her more until she gains the weight and then taper it back to the 2 scheduled feedings a day again. 

ftmba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Raw - 6-7 ounces split over 2-3 meals. Wet/cans (3oz) every now and then. ~ 270-330 cal

Dry - 2/3 cups, split over 2 servings. ~ 300 cal

Free fed Ziwipeak Dry since they're still growing (they actually don't like this anymore, so they barely eat it).

Our Squad (2 Kittens):

Nala - our adorable piggie, 8 months old, 10 lb Siberian. Short frame, noticeably pudgy. Probable IBS. Will always choose kibble over raw/canned, but eats raw reliably. Anytime I'm in the kitchen, she comes over looking for a treat. Very food motivated, will overeat if given too much food at one time.

Jasmine - our athlete, 7.5 months old. 9.5 lb Siberian. Long/slender frame, bony in some places (shoulders). Very active and loves raw food, especially homemade raw, chooses it over kibble. Prefers to graze on food.