How much should I really be feeding my kitten? (long post)

zoorun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I can completely relate. Dogs are first nature for me. My mother imports and trains dogs for purposes ranging from well behaved house mates, to therapy dogs, to protection work. I was lucky enough to get an extensive education about taking care of and training them. But that being said, getting a cat has certainly thrown me off balance. lol

Ghost is so handsome, and lucky to have found a loving home! How is he outside? Opie's terrified the moment he gets on the porch 
I'm planning on training my next dog to be a SAR dog, I'm considering another GSD, but have recently been working with a Dutchie and I'm in love... 

He is getting more used to being outside, I want to harness him while outside, but the harness we have is way too big for him. Last night he made a swift and sneaky exit out of the house into a downpour. I didn't even realize he got out and then heard pitiful meows at the door. I felt so horrible! He hates the grass though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cayvand

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm planning on training my next dog to be a SAR dog, I'm considering another GSD, but have recently been working with a Dutchie and I'm in love... 

He is getting more used to being outside, I want to harness him while outside, but the harness we have is way too big for him. Last night he made a swift and sneaky exit out of the house into a downpour. I didn't even realize he got out and then heard pitiful meows at the door. I felt so horrible! He hates the grass though!
Ahh! I have such a soft spot in my heart for working dogs. It's really such gratifying experience training and owning one. GSDs make amazing working dogs, but I definitely see the appeal of dutchie! personally, they're my favorite. You truly get the best combination of traits from shepherds and mals in dutchies. were you looking to recuse or get from a breeder?

Aw poor ghost! my first cat used to sneak out and hide/cry in a bush near our door every time it rained. At least he's getting comfortable being out! I assume it has to do with being outside before we found him, but Opie has no urge to leave the house whatsoever. Weve brought him out on a harness and he just sits by the door meowing to come back in. He's also scared of the grass lol. I think it has something to do with the cushiony feel of it because he has the same reaction to our bathroom rug. He just doesn't trust it [emoji]128514[/emoji]