How much pee is normal for 7 month old?

wasabii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How much pee should a 7 month old kitten pee before it becomes abnormal? My gal pees minimum 6-7 times a day, some are pretty big and some are normal sized and some are fairly small ( tad bit smaller than golfball sized). She eats canned food twice a day and a small amount of dry once daily and drinks a fair amount of water. My male kitty never peed this much so it's a little weird to me but not sure if it's abnormal or not. It's not a bladder infection, shes had that once and was in and out of the litter box constantly with very tiny bloody drips of pee coming out. Have not addressed it yet with the vet, planned to when I have her spayed as soon as I have the funds. Or sooner if it's potentially not a good thing. Well thanks guys for any information and I'll be awaiting a response. :) Willing to answer any questions that you may have as well.

*Would like to add this is not new, it's been this way for months with her.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is no set amount of pee for any cat. What is normal for one cat may be different for another cat. As long as your cat is peeing just fine without any issues, don't worry
Pee amounts and frequency may vary slightly each time a cat goes depending on how much water the cat drank and how much the kidneys are working to clean the blood of impurities. Just note what is normal for your cat and anything that seems unusual, like giant sugary smelling pee clumps or blood in the pee, should be discussed with the vet.

You can look for a low cost spay / neuter clinic if you can't afford a regular vet. Some places may have specific requirements that you have to meet befoe your pet can be spayed or neutered so get information about a place and their requirements before you head over with your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wasabii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is no set amount of pee for any cat. What is normal for one cat may be different for another cat. As long as your cat is peeing just fine without any issues, don't worry :) Pee amounts and frequency may vary slightly each time a cat goes depending on how much water the cat drank and how much the kidneys are working to clean the blood of impurities. Just note what is normal for your cat and anything that seems unusual, like giant sugary smelling pee clumps or blood in the pee, should be discussed with the vet.

You can look for a low cost spay / neuter clinic if you can't afford a regular vet. Some places may have specific requirements that you have to meet befoe your pet can be spayed or neutered so get information about a place and their requirements before you head over with your cat.
Thank you for your reply. As far as I know this is normal amounts for her, however she does appear to lack the ability to hold it for long because I had her in a room with me yesterday and the door was closed, guess she had to pee and she peed behind the tv stand since she didn't have access to a litter box. I won't make that mistake again, lol.

Her vet told me due to the season she may not go into heat this winter (she has yet to do so) and suggested I get her fixed between thanksgiving and spring. I'll have money in February to do the surgery so unless something pops up by then I was going to wait till then for the spay. :) thanks for your help. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. As far as I know this is normal amounts for her, however she does appear to lack the ability to hold it for long because I had her in a room with me yesterday and the door was closed, guess she had to pee and she peed behind the tv stand since she didn't have access to a litter box. I won't make that mistake again, lol.

Her vet told me due to the season she may not go into heat this winter (she has yet to do so) and suggested I get her fixed between thanksgiving and spring. I'll have money in February to do the surgery so unless something pops up by then I was going to wait till then for the spay.
thanks for your help.
If you tell us which city you live near we can help to find a low cost clinic.  It's ok to wait as long as you're sure she won't get outside, but cats in heat are known to be escape artists.  She can also get pregnant while not in heat or in a silent heat, of course.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wasabii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you tell us which city you live near we can help to find a low cost clinic.  It's ok to wait as long as you're sure she won't get outside, but cats in heat are known to be escape artists.  She can also get pregnant while not in heat or in a silent heat, of course.
We've been very diligent making sure she doesn't get out when we open the door. :)
I'm not sure I live near any cities lol, I do know we have a low cost clinic somewhere close by but not sure it operates all year. If there's someone I can PM my area to that could check around I'd welcome the help. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been very diligent making sure she doesn't get out when we open the door. :)
I'm not sure I live near any cities lol, I do know we have a low cost clinic somewhere close by but not sure it operates all year. If there's someone I can PM my area to that could check around I'd welcome the help. :)
I'm happy to help.