How much money do you need/want ?

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pandybear

so i don't think money always buys happiness but it lessens stress for sure.

felicia
I think you are right. My partner and I are students. We have so little money sometimes its scary. We both come from upper middle class backgrounds and we are not really used to living so cheaply. Its hard sometimes but I guess we should be grateful for what we do have.

Being able to buy better, more nutritional food would be nice - we eat far too much plain noodles and pasta because its cheap. Just not having to worry about bills and always having to think "can we afford this?" would be really great.

We should get more income soon, we just have to keep on as we are for a while longer.

Ok - a house in the country with a outside spa on a hill top wouldnt hurt either

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd like to be comfortable too. A nice farm house with lots of land in the country. I would like to have a few dogs and be able to take care of all of my animals. I'd rather not work but be able to volunteer my time with various causes.

I would just like to live without having to worry about every penny I spend.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might sound silly, but I would be content with enough money to buy a VW Camper!
It is all I want right now (and forever) and maybe enough money to get started with my business!

If it came to the crunch, i'd like to buy the house that i'm living in right now, but all in all, a camper would do!

I would be quite content to live with all that i've got right now - if I was to live pain free and be able to walk properly! *sigh* I wouldn't 'want' these things, I'd be able to work and go out and get them!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very content with no debts, a paid-off house, enough in the bank to buy a new car (nothing fancy, but it's getting pretty urgent here), and not having to worry too much about unforeseen vet or household costs. While it would be nice to be able to afford a luxury house on a huge spread of land and to take vacations to exotic locations, I personally wouldn't be able to enjoy it, knowing that there are umpteenth people who have to worry about putting food on the table tomorrow, and paying the rent so they're not out on the streets.

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GratefulBear629

I'd like to be comfortable too. A nice farm house with lots of land in the country. I would like to have a few dogs and be able to take care of all of my animals. I'd rather not work but be able to volunteer my time with various causes.

I would just like to live without having to worry about every penny I spend.
Know exactly how you feel

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to be able to pay off our debt (student loans), be able to buy a house, and take some nice vacations. I'm a pretty simple person - don't need a lot.

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We both come from upper middle class backgrounds and we are not really used to living so cheaply. Its hard sometimes but I guess we should be grateful for what we do have.

Being able to buy better, more nutritional food would be nice - we eat far too much plain noodles and pasta because its cheap. Just not having to worry about bills and always having to think "can we afford this?" would be really great.
we both weren't used to living cheaply either, although we knew it would be a temporary situation it wasn't easy, we could have gotten help from family i guess but we wanted to prove to ourselves we could survive without them while my husband was out of work and we did.

on the plus side, we got to spend so much time together, we would go fishing, stay up late watching movies, go on day trips, spend days at the beach snorkelling and exploring and could do whatever we wanted, the only problem was we didn't have any money to do anything with so we couldn't travel far and our debts were so huge it was stressing my husband out emensly and he couldn't really enjoy life because he was just too concerned about our situation.

we used to eat cheap foods like pasta and two minute noodles too
another way we could have healthy and cheap meals was buy making big pots of ministrone soup, it would last so long and tasted great, we still eat it now infact.

These days we have no money problems but i never get to see my husband anymore, i don't see him in the morning, i only see him for a few hours at night because he's so tired and then some nights he works extra late, sometimes to 11pm and during the budget on weekends too, his office is only two minutes away and he emails me all day and calls but it isn't the same as seeing him.

when we move back down south we are starting the accounting business that way we will have no money problems and will also get to see each other so much more.

also, i can't stand this tiny little town, it will e great to leave

felicia