How much does your cat drink?

animallover77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi folks. Lucky's mom writing. (she's a 1 1/2 year old female that I inherited from my grandmother). She drinks a lot more than my childhood cat but seems healthy and pretty active. I'm just trying to have a gage. She always drinks after she eats and normally then goes to the litterbox about 5 min. after that. So she's pretty regular except for the fact that she acts like I'm starving her all the time. Someone mentioned that I should be concerned with diabetes with her but before I panic because she drinks water...I guess I'm wondering how much is "normal?" I just have no concept. (just fyi she also goes #1 and #2 about twice a day...#1 maybe 3 times sometimes).
Thanks everyone!

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When Pixel was dehydrated due to a UTI she ATE all the wet food she could. She did not drink much water.

Boo drinks more than Peeka, I think. Peeka eats more wet food than Boo, however. Boo has always liked the dry food more.

Do you feed wet food? Because cats get water from their food, by nature. Of course they also drink water and our modern cats need plenty of fresh water available. Yada yada...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

animallover77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Looks like Lucky drinks the average amount then. GOOD to know!! (ps I give her dry food...it's what she likes-so that probably gets her more thirsty too).
Thanks again everyone!