How Much Does 12 Week Old Kittens Suppose To Weigh?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have become so polite and politically correct these days that we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or "make them mad"...so then we ask some government agency to step in and "be mean" for us. I find that sort of sad and ironic.

I would put an anonymous note on her door, or send a certified letter. She needs "a push" to get rid of some of the cats, because she apparently doesn't see the same thing that is clear to an outsider.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have become so polite and politically correct these days that we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or "make them mad"...so then we ask some government agency to step in and "be mean" for us. I find that sort of sad and ironic.

I would put an anonymous note on her door, or send a certified letter. She needs "a push" to get rid of some of the cats, because she apparently doesn't see the same thing that is clear to an outsider.
Well, I don't think that's the same as being politically correct. Not saying things that are racist and upsetting should always be respected.

My point in involving government here is that they have enforcement possibilities. If this owner wanted to do something on her own she would.

The OP has helped the babies they rescued an incredible amount. I hope the others are able to get help too.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good you're planning to wait a couple of weeks on the spaying. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I felt so bad for them. As i mentioned earlier, i had only planned on getting one for my mom's friend but after seeing the condition of that one i had to take both. I could not just leave it there if i could help. And they will be fattened up nicely here before long.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you could help those two babies. I love black kitties. I find they have really good natured personalities.

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love all cats regardless of the color and i am a huge softy and can never turn my back on a cat in need. Breaks my heart to see one starving or abandoned so i catch them and take them home. I nurture them amd nurse them back to health and make sure they are healthy and fixed and i find them homes. I can't keep every cat i find but at least i can try to help

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you could find a home for any of the other cats, I would kidnap them. I have been told outdoor cats are not legal property here, but even if they were, I would just be sneaky about it. But I know it is hard to find homes for kitties. There are many where I live who need a home.

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Same here. The humane societies and pounds here are completely full of cats and kittens. They can not take anymore in without having to start euthanizing which they are trying not to do but there just isn't enough homes.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, The Enforcers have to power to take the cats and the authority to euthanize them. I wouldn't call them without first letting her know that they are about to be called.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's easy to kill a cat on the internet and just say call animal control. I think it would be a lot harder in person, if you were the one giving the cat the injection. I think people should carefully consider if the cat is really better off dead. Maybe they are, I have seen a lot of malnourished cats here and I haven't had them killed. I just keep helping the one's I can help. I have called the SPCA for a very sick cat, knowing it would be a death sentence. But if a cat is still healthy, there is some hope, in my opinion.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with giving the warning to the owners. I'm sure we could get into an argument about what constitutes a life worth living for an animal, but we don't need to go there.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with giving the warning to the owners. I'm sure we could get into an argument about what constitutes a life worth living for an animal, but we don't need to go there.
Believe it or not, I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was expressing my personal feelings. I might even be persuaded to think differently about it, but I feel like I may have hurt your feelings. And I am sorry if I did that.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not, I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was expressing my personal feelings. I might even be persuaded to think differently about it, but I feel like I may have hurt your feelings. And I am sorry if I did that.
It's not hurt feelings and I do appreciate your concern. I'm just not sure how to articulate, or maybe I don't want to express, that I think an animal is better off humanely euthanized than left to breed and eat trash in desperation. Of course I would rather they wind up in a loving home. It's hard.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a difference of opinion is all. Personally, I would rather starve to death and go down fighting to find food than have someone else decide that my life is not worth the struggle and "put me out of my misery". Not much of a happy ending either way. :(

Both positions/opinions have merit. There isn't a right or wrong answer, just value differences.

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know i personalky could never euthanize an animal unless is was really sick and it was the most humane thing to do. I do understand the necessity of euthanization too i just personally could not do it. I dont take the kityens and cats i find to the humane society or pound because i know what the possible outcome will be. No i do not need more cats but i will help them amd find them homes if possible

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They have gained about an ounce so far. Not much but still some and it has only been a couple of days. They also havent been fighting over the food today. They have been sharing nicely

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im happy with it. I did inform the people that is taking one of the kittens of the health of the kitten and that it is malnourished and they aren't fond of being touched (they will let you toich them but the hunker down and it you try to pick them up they fight you) so that way they know what to expect and also to make sure they still wanted it. They still want it and is going to take her to be spayed when she puts in weight and is going to keep her indoors so they can work with her

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These kittens are trying to nurse off of one of my tom cats. I thought at 12 weeks they suppose to be completely weened.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens enjoy nursing as long as possible, even if just for comfort.

My kittens nursed their mom for a good 16 weeks, then continued to use her as a pacifier after that, until she got fed up. :)