How much do you spend?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Better as far as quantity, yes.
I am not looking at the price for it I just want the best for my pets. I think if I spend more for the better I will spend less on litter
It might even itself out.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll spend less on food in the long run too, because she'll eat less while still getting everything she needs.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Is chicken and veal better then the chicken meal. I read the first few ingrediants means alot.
In this particular case it doesn't matter, because you still see "chicken meal" listed before the first grain ingredient. What's most important is that in dry form, you have more meat than grain.

They put chicken and salmon first on the ingredients list to appeal to consumers who think chicken meal is an inferior ingredient to whole chicken. It's a marketing thing, and since they actually do list chicken meal right behind chicken and salmon, there's nothing wrong with it at all. It's just a marketing strategy...marketing to the consumer who is savvy enough to read ingredients labels but not informed enough to understand why chicken meal is actually a desireable ingredient in dry foods.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How on earth do y'all spend so much money on it? I only have one, but even if I multiplied it it still wouldn't be that much. Not including vet bills,

28 lbs of litter every 3 months... so that's what, $4?
4 lbs of dry food about every month (sometimes a little more) $9
Wet food is usually .65/can, so about $20.

I just bought some merrick, 25$ for 2 weeks. I don't know if my income can support that though permanently. We'll see when she's done eating it!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by semiferal

In this particular case it doesn't matter, because you still see "chicken meal" listed before the first grain ingredient. What's most important is that in dry form, you have more meat than grain.

They put chicken and salmon first on the ingredients list to appeal to consumers who think chicken meal is an inferior ingredient to whole chicken. It's a marketing thing, and since they actually do list chicken meal right behind chicken and salmon, there's nothing wrong with it at all. It's just a marketing strategy...marketing to the consumer who is savvy enough to read ingredients labels but not informed enough to understand why chicken meal is actually a desireable ingredient in dry foods.
Good thing I have all of you on this list to help me understand it TRUE