How much do you spend on scoopable litter?

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im psycho obsessive about my litter boxes because if they start to smell Bf gets on his tirade about how the cats smell and he doesnt need that crap..(yes he is a grumpy old man at 28)...But I get the Special Kitty clumping kind and I get the biggest box I can and generally 2 at a time..And I need about 4 a month because Im always refilling the boxes and washing them out and all that annoying good stuff for them. Since I have to vacumn their room out every other day anyways I always try and keep their boxes super fresh and clean so Im not getting yelled at...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm....I figure 100 lbs for my indoor cats (fosters not included) at about $25 (on a good sale). That covers 7 cats...so about $3.60/cat for a week...which comes to almost $15/cat for litter in a month. I can't mess with changing litters much, as Margo has no problem with going on the floor if she doesn't like the litter. I mix litters together (Arm & Hammer mixed with Tidy Cats), so I can add in a bit of something else in to see if she'll use it. I just now got her to settle on using the box OK so I'm hesitant to mess with things!

$7 for the bentonite for the "Retirement Community" in the enclosure lasts 2 weeks for 3 cats...they also have outdoor access in which to go potty. About $4.60 in litter for them a month.

Foster kitties come & go - and depending on the age they are I use Swheat or scoopable clay. I only use non-scoopable clay if they have something (like coccidia or giardia).

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So i always round up when it comes to money...lol so i opted for the $10-$15 a month per cat. I use Worlds Best Cat Litter and have 3 Litter Robots and 1 regular litter pan. My hubby has allergies so I'm neurotic about clean litter boxes. I use between 50-70lbs of litter a month, once a month I empty all litter boxes and give them a clean(it takes about 36#s to refill all litter boxes). WBCL also offers coupons after collecting 9 UPC's which is always a help.

wow i never thought about this before.....i spend a lot of money on litter lol

yogideb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been using FreshAire, which is a combination of clay and pine. It clumps hard and kills odor without added fragrances, which I like since I am allergic. I buy it at Petsmart for $12/20 lb. - FreshAire has a new litter coming out with added cedar. I can't wait to try that one. Oh, yeah, my cat likes it too.