How much do you spend a month per kitty?

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow I dont spend that much at all. I pretty much just buy cat food cat litter and vet visits. I buy toys once in awhile and don't really give them treats I have before but they don't really eat them that much.

weloveellie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats, I pay about $150.00 - $160.00 a month ($57. litter (clean out both litter boxes completely once a week), $30 kitten food (Nutro dry and canned), $48 adult food (Smokey has kidney disease, so he is on prescription diet dry and canned) $15 - $20 on toys) not including vet bills.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont really spend anything right now because we live with my boyfriends parents who by the cat food and litter. I buy Zebra treats (pounce) but Milo doesnt like treats. They don't really need toys because they are amused by everything. I have bought them toys in the past but they dont really play with them, they just lose them. When I lived on my own and had to buy everything, I fed them special kitty food which I bought the huge bag for $9 and bought litter that was about $5. So I spent about $20 a month on them, not including vet visits because they only go when needed (spay/neuter, shots, checkup once a year).

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Variable. On the months I have money I can spend $250. On the months I don't have money I would spend $0.

It all depends on how much money I have and how good the deals I can find.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hummm on average here is what i buy and the costs:

litter- Arm & Hammer Super Scoop- the big box...around $7-8...i usually buy 2 boxes a months depending...

dry food- one giant 18-21 lbs bag of Purina Indoor Cat Formula $13-15 depending on the store

flea treatment - frontline plus for cats - around $40 - for all of my girls (i get the big boxfrom petco, or buy individual ones from my vet for around $8 each)

wet food- Velvet is the only one that eats it (she's older and tiny..and VERY picky) - Fancy Feast grilled chicken - case - around $6-10 depending on where i get it from

toys- maybe $2-5 depending on when i have money to spend

treats- $2 per month - my cats like the Temptation treats

vet bills, emergency care, collars & lisences and tags, water and food dishes, pet beds,litter pans, fostering kittens= more than i care to admit lol....

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have five cats...

Dry food - $10 a month (we buy a large $20 bag of food that lasts two months)

Wet food - $20 every two weeks, $40 a month

Litter - 4 bags a month @ $12 a bag = $48

So $98 a month, about $19.50 per cat. That's not including vet bills, they go yearly and every once in a while if needed for random things.

Getting a second cat will not increase your price that much. When we added cat #4 our pricing went up a bit, but from #1-#3 there was very little change, minus vet bills.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heh, I'm just hoping that getting a shelter kitty (our local no-kill, where all the cats except the FIV+ ones roam free) will mean that our cats will share a litterbox! that would cut out some costs.
I guess the real clincher is the fact that we feed wet only. Oh, and pet insurance. That's an extra $13.50/month for one, meaning $27/month for two...