How much do you remember?

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

I got 18 right, but all of this postwar stuff was before my personal time. I just have a head full of trivia. Some of the questions were like Trivial Pursuit, if you reasoned it out, you could get the answer and elimimate ones that were ridiculous. Case in point: the question regarding polio. 1) FDR had it, and 2) Answers like AIDS are silly for that time period.
- Multiple choice has always been my forte, but my mom had an RC sprinkler until I was about ten (and I MADE her throw it away - she'd had a steam iron for three years!) I still love BlackJack gum and wax coke bottles, and my dad was a huge howdy-doody fan. He would, however, be disappointed to know I missed the Studebaker question, as he imparted a lot of classic car knowledge to me as well. . .

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 9 right. My first car was a 1974 Dodge Dart. It still had the high beam switch on the floor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What was that other gum they used to sell right next to Blackjack?
Oh I remember- Clove gum!

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
17 and I am old enough to remember a lot! All I can say is as a girl I never did my hair with Butch wax, never could keep all those singing groups separate, and I'm too old to remember the last one I missed.

BTW my daughter was still buying those coke bottles in the 80s and Blackjack chewing gum is still around.

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20 correct: You are older than dirt.

Ah, that was no history lesson, that was life. It did test the old memory, though. And speaking of that memory, a couple of days ago I couldn't find my glasses . . . until I discovered them on top of my head. I think it was the first time I ever put them there.