how much do groceries cost in your area?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think prices are here are too bad. I just spent $32 at the grocery store, and this is what I got:

Bag of apples: $2.50
5 yogurts: $.60 each
2 pkgs Skinny Cow ice cream: $2.99 each
Large dozen eggs: $1.79
Butter: $1.79
2 boxes oatmeal: $1.50 each
4 bottles apple juice: $1.50 each

I haven't noticed a price change at all really. Gas keeps rising though, it's up to $3.15 here.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I don't think prices are here are too bad. I just spent $32 at the grocery store, and this is what I got:

Bag of apples: $2.50
5 yogurts: $.60 each
2 pkgs Skinny Cow ice cream: $2.99 each
Large dozen eggs: $1.79
Butter: $1.79
2 boxes oatmeal: $1.50 each
4 bottles apple juice: $1.50 each

I haven't noticed a price change at all really. Gas keeps rising though, it's up to $3.15 here.
I want to move to where you live.
That would have been cheap around here - even before any hikes.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

I want to move to where you live.
That would have been cheap around here - even before any hikes.
Haha. That's the "cheap" store around here, besides the Super Walmart. It does have really good prices, and it doesn't make you swipe a keytag to get the specials either.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

It's easy to save money by cooking at home and cutting back on snack foods. Buying pre-packaged and frozen foods is really expensive as well
I agree, cooking meals at home is much cheaper. I cook up larger batches and freeze so I always have quick meals on hand.

Also using vinegar, baking soda etc. for cleaning is much cheaper (and healthier) than using expensive chemicals.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I stopped tonight at Kroger and spent $45

We bought 3 packages of chicken (I'd say 6 or 7 pounds total), two new york strip steaks, grapes, waffles, 6-pack adult beverages, a gallon of milk, a pound of turkey lunch meat, a half a pound of provolone, two boxes of lean pockets and a loaf of bread.

I'd say a month we spend about $250 on groceries--the biggest cost being milk--hubby and I both love milk and go through easily 3 gallons a week.

If you factor in cat food and litter it currently adds next to nothing. We use a 35 bucket of cat litter every 6-8 weeks. And we still have 3 free 4lb bag coupons for nutro cat food. Which will last us 3 months I'd say.

Leslie