How much did you weigh when you were born?

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Among all the letters/pictures/ etc....i stumbled upon the hosptial's birth info sheet about me. Turns out i was 6lbs 13 oz and 20" long. I was born at 2:04pm on july 29, 1985. I just thought it was interesting to know that!
Do any of you know how much you weighed or how long you were when you were born?
OMG...You have the exact same birthday as my nephew...I think he was born around 3 in the afternoon that same day in 1985

I was just over 7lbs and 20" long...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 5 lbs even (just enough to stay out of the incubator) and about 20 inches long - I was a month early when born. At one year old I was almost 16 lbs

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was born through a C-section on March 5, 1981, and I weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz. (not sure of my length), and I think I was born at about 5:30 PM. I was born with a full head of black hair. I was named after JR's secretary from the TV show, "Dallas". My mom and grandmother were both big fans of that show and "Dynasty".

My daughter was born via emergency C-section at 5:22 AM on October 4, 2002, and she weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 22 inches long. She was named the Latin word "Victoria", meaning "victorious". Her middle name is after Queen Elizabeth I. A strong name for a strong little girl.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow so many of us were 5lbs.

I was bron July 2nd during a heat wave at 2:31am at 5lbs 6oz. I don't remember the length.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was born two months premature at 4:20 am, weighing 2 pounds. I was perfectly healthy, though, yet had to stay in the neonatal unit at the hospital for a month until I reached 5 pounds, which was the stipulation for being released.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

OMG...You have the exact same birthday as my nephew...I think he was born around 3 in the afternoon that same day in 1985

I was just over 7lbs and 20" long...
Oh that's funny!
Colin has the same birthday as your cousin and I (just different years). He was born July 29th too
We celebrate our birthdays together every year!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born 8:03 am July 26, 1957!!!!! I was 4# 10 oz and born 8 minutes before my sister who weighed 5# 10oz. Can't remember length however. We were about 3 weeks early and back in "those days" no ultra sound so mom and dad did not know they were having twins until mom was going into delivery room!!!! The name they picked out was given to my sister-no idea why!!! So they had to come up with another name for me!!
I think I was in the hospital for a week after birth due to weight??

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 6lbs 1oz I was two weeks late, the nurse told my Mom they were going to make her drink cod liver oil (they used to make you drink cod liver oil to induce labor), when the nurse got back from breakfast break, I was already born ,My Mom always said they scared me out of her

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was born 2 weeks overdue. I was around 7 lbs.
I think I was born around 5pm. I don't really know too much about my birth...

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very interesting thread!!!

I was born December 26, 1981 at 3:44pm (this year is my golden b-day - 26 years old on the 26th).
I weighed 9 pounds 13 ounces and was 21 1/4" long.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know my mum was at a party so she went into labour late at night and had me early morning, not sure what time.

I was a little under 8lbs and no idea how long. I will have to ask her

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 1.5 lbs, my sister was 2.6 ish and my brother was the big one he was nearly 4 lbs.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was like 10 lbs. My calls me her Two Ton Tootie.
All 3 of my siblings were 7 lbs.

I was born January 4, 1987. Early in the AM, too.