How much cat hair is in your keyboard?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twofatcats

Have you done a thorough cleaning of your computer keyboard lately? I took the caps off all the keys of my keyboard today to clean, and my oh my, what a mess! One would think that there was a new cat being formed in there with all the cat hair.

So how clean is your keyboard?
well, the one here at school has NO cat hair on it
i'm replacing my home keyboard, so i'll look at the old one after i replace it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

3 or 4. it is a new keyboard (black, and my cat's a grey, white, and cream tabby, so they show up very well in contrast. Good thing this thing came with an optical mouse. I'd dread having to clean a cat hair-clogged mouse.
oh, i LOVE my optical mouse - no more stupid little balls & things to clean off!

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Devin's not fond of the keyboard, mostly because he can't find a way to rest on my hand comfortably (for him, of course).

He'll sleep next to the keyboard (on both sides) so I just brush the little black hairs off to the floor, hopefully for the vacum.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is some hair on the part of the hard drive where the fan is!!
I brushed grizzly alot today-my neighbor's kids came over and they were impressed at how much hair was in the garbage can!!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG tons in the keyboard and tower! I just bought a new tower cause my old one had lots of hair and dust in it causing it to over heat....

jellilorum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also recently removed all the caps to clean out the keyboard! Oh my what a fuzzy mess!

I have an optical mouse. I have to use tweezers to pull hairs out of it every few days or it doesn't seem to work right.

madpiano

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have an optical mouse. I have to use tweezers to pull hairs out of it every few days or it doesn't seem to work right.
oh no, I was going out today to replace my ball point mouse with an optical, as the cat hair in the mouse is getting on my nerves.... I was hoping optical mice are cat-hair-resilient.....

My PC is filled up with cat hair. I have to clean the fans every 3 months, as they start squeeking when there is to much cat hair in them. Thankfully I am getting a new PC tomorrow which has a dustfilter. YAY. No visible cat-hair in the keyboard.... but it's only 3 weeks old....