how many times ?

hollyronne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone . I have a question ( again lol )

I was wondering how many times do you breed your queen with out her getting pregnant? My queen has been breed once so far and it didnt take. She spent easter weekend with the male and we are hopping this one takes. but if it doesnt how many more times should we try? Should we change studs ? Id love any help you can give me . Thank you

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually, it is customary to leave the queen with the stud for about a week, but I dislike doing that ... if this mating doesn't result in pregnancy, then I would give the stud once more before trying another one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hollyronne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Usually, it is customary to leave the queen with the stud for about a week, but I dislike doing that ... if this mating doesn't result in pregnancy, then I would give the stud once more before trying another one.
This is her 2nd time with this stud . She spent friday saturday and sunday of last week with him . When we brought her out on monday she didnt want anything to do with him. If he went near her rear she would hiss and hit him. .If this try doesnt result in pregnancy should I try him again or go with anouther stud. How many times should I let her try matting with out getting pregnant ?
I dont want her to get sick or something

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, when she went in with the stud on Friday, she was in heat, interested and willing, but when she came away from the stud on Sunday, she wanted nothing to do with him? Please don't take offense at my question, but are you sure she was still in heat on Friday and Saturday? Is the male yours or did you contract for outside stud service? Didn't anyone stick around to observe and make note of any matings??? I would be uncomfortable with the circumstances if no one observed to make sure the cats didn't injure each other and that successful matings took place.

How old is your queen? Has she been bred before? Is the stud a young, unproven male? What is the breeding environment like? Is the stud caged and you place the queen in with the male or does the male freely roam the breeding environment?