HOw many racing fans are there here?

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

What do you think about the female drivers that are starting to make names for themselves (Danica Patrick etc)
I think it's cool.

And I also think that all of the male drivers that complain about her being so fast because she is so little are full of it. What's the difference between her being her size and racing, or if there was a really short guy that weighed the same as her. They are just mad about her being good at what she does. (this coming from a guy too
)

I am very happy for Danica though.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What do you think about the female drivers that are starting to make names for themselves (Danica Patrick etc)
I love Danica, I think she's awesome

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got to watch Danica race here at Richmond last year ... my hubby works for Philip Morris USA and last year, they celebrated 50 years of Marlboro. They gave all the employees free tickets to the race, a pit pass, a photo op with the Marlboro Team and they had a lovely tent for us with beer and food. I like the open wheel cars just as well as the stock cars! And I love the road race tracks! Watkins Glen is a fun race to watch.

blue_monday_88

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to my first ever NASCAR race in Sept -- Dover Downs MBNA 400. I have to admit, I didn't "get it," never did understand the allure of the races. Yet, 150K people pack the stands and spend tons of money and still have fun. I thought it might have to do with the BYOB aspects...but my dad and his buddy are real big fans and neither of them drink...so I thought maybe the social aspect? Even when you go "down below" to get food or whatever, it's still so loud, you can't talk to anyone.

So I figured what the heck? I think Dale Jr's hot, I'll go see what this is all about!!!

Well...I gotta admit, I still don't really "get it" but I was hooked...looking forward to going again next year

Jimmie Johnson is also a fave, but b/c of the car he drives...I am gal who loves Lowe's

ascat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I wanna see a female do good in the NASCAR Ranks.....so far it hasnt happened. However I think it will soon. Mike Wallace has a daughter, Chrissy that races around here. Shes 17 and shes a pistol for sure. Last year she ran Legends and she dont take no crap off anyone. Last word was that she will be stepping into a Late Model ride for 2006, but im not sure. I really think she will go all the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so excited to see girls finally breaking into the sport. But i really want some one to do really well. We have a few girls around here that race the local dirt track but they are scared to wreck and end up causing wrecks and are just bad drivers.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to open a can of worms here, but I wish women would stay out of NASCAR. There are enough nit picky rules, and that would cause more IMO. There are things in this world that should be just for men, and things that should be just for women. Neither one better, just different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont agree that they should stay out. i do agree that SOME should not be in. the ones that are scared and dont want to get into wrecks should just stay home. i dont think there shudl be special rules for women but i think they should be allowed in the sport!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a racing fan as of this past season thanks to Trav! I am a die-hard Kasey Kahne fan! We have a stand-up of him in our living room and let's just say....he isn't to hard on the eyes either

We also like Rusty but it's sad he retired