How Many Poops in a day?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Immodium should be used only under vet supervision. It is used for diarrhea, not frequent pooping. Its active ingredient is loperamide - a synthetic opiate that works by slowing the movement of the intestine, which can cause other problems. Cats tend to be very sensitive to opiates, and even the "recommended dose" for a cat can result in an OD or pancreatitis (which can be life threatening). Some OTCS drugs are safe to use on cats - others aren't. This one isn't.

Dejolane, do your cats have diarrhea? How old are your cats?

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LDG,

My cats Bella are 7 years and Thunder is 7 months.  They do have some runs but I was asking the wrong question for pooping too much.

dejolane

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You mentioned in another thread that you switched from 9lives (dry) to "the cheap stuff." Given that 9lives dry is a very poor quality food, if you haven't switched back to it, I'm 100% sure the problem is the food you're feeding them. I suggested before, and I'll suggest again - if your only option is supermarket dry food, see if you can afford Cat Chow Naturals. This is usually the best of poor quality choices.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LDG,

I can afford it .Thanks alot for your input.

dejolane

Last edited:

absinthe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two seven month old cats who eat wet food twice a day with a very small amount (just under 1/4 cup for the two) to snack on throughout the day (it mostly gets ignored).  The male poops once every 1 - 2 days.  The girl poops once a day.  Her poops are small, where his could be mistaken for a dog's.  o_Oa

EDIT: The wet food they eat is mostly Merrick's and a little BFF, the dried crunchies left out is Orijen.

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started this post to ask why my cats poop so much. I called a vet last week with no return call so I called another vet today and she said if I changed their food and the poop is running it could be a parasite and for me to bring in a sample. But then she said if the poop is normal there shouldn't be a problem,( It is normal.) I was just curious why they poop so much.

dejolane