how many people................

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
etcrame---- so the first time they couldn't feel by palpating her abdomen she was about 5-6 weeks along by then? The vet told me she felt her kidneys, bladder, and her colon with some fecal matter in it (then said she thought, then said that that is what it is). I noticed her nipples when she would have been around 3 weeks. I started checking at 2 weeks after and they were soooooooooooo teeny and covered with fur I could barely find then! and they were PURE white. now they are a bit bigger (not huge), pinkish (not super pink) and a circle of fur is gone around them.......... I will have to try to get a picture but with out seeing them before it is hard to tell. LOL

maverick---- do you remember how far along she would have been when they couldn't feel them at all? or when they felt what they thought was fecal matter (my vet said she also felt fecal matter or she thought then changed it to that is what it was)........... How big did your girl get since she only had 1? Angel was thin to begin with.

guess I will watch and wait.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a very small cat, weighs maybe 5lb. her weight went up to 8lb i *THINK* and the kitten was massive! like a small pony..

I think she was 6 weeks - but the vet couldnt be certain at any point as it was just one.

We took her to the vets the day after she came home after running away and getting knocked up! Then again when we changed vets a few weeks later and again when we thought she was close.

I am going to the vets for their boosters soon and can ask to look at her records if you need more exact info?

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
if you could. just wondering if maybe the vet missed it if it was just 1 or 2. she wasn't sure and said if it was only 1 or 2 she could be. she is about 4 weeks 3 days when she went to the vets (from first day out so may be just 4 weeks or so). Did she SHOW alot even though she gained? according to my scale Angel has gained about a pound in 2-3 weeks since I started weighing her (but using mine and holding her so harder to tell exact) she is just around 4 weeks 4 days or just under and not really showing but looks wider......

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior67

etcrame---- so the first time they couldn't feel by palpating her abdomen she was about 5-6 weeks along by then? The vet told me she felt her kidneys, bladder, and her colon with some fecal matter in it (then said she thought, then said that that is what it is). I noticed her nipples when she would have been around 3 weeks. I started checking at 2 weeks after and they were soooooooooooo teeny and covered with fur I could barely find then! and they were PURE white. now they are a bit bigger (not huge), pinkish (not super pink) and a circle of fur is gone around them.......... I will have to try to get a picture but with out seeing them before it is hard to tell. LOL
He said usually you can feel the babies at the gestation that I thought she might've been at, but said it could very possibly be false and to wait a couple more wks. It was kinda funny, because my daughter was pregnant and we were joking around saying well maybe she was waiting for her or vice versa. The not knowing was driving me crazy but then again we did know...know what I mean?! LOL
Pretty much the same thing about the nipples. I never really even noticed them because of her fur but then they were very noticeable on touch and sight.

Anyways, it ended up she had the c-section on Thursday, April 27th and my daughter had her baby girl exactly one wk later on Thursday May 4th...my birthday!

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another thing I wanted to say...aside from the fact that I noticed she no longer was going into heat, I also noticed there were no more 'peeping Toms'! LOL They were literally looking in my windows before! Scared us half to death when we walked into the kitchen and saw them looking in the window at night!

She had seemed to be in heat just about every other wk then nothing.
Thought this bit of info might be of help.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok she is trying to get out again. started a bit yesterday but more today. So wonder if she is starting to go into heat. She hasn't started howling or really showing signs yet but could be "pre heat" so guess I will see in a day or so if she goes into full blown heat. Then to keep her INSIDE till she is done and get her fixed. But thinking maybe heat is starting. strange it took her 5 weeks though..............

Sad we won't have babies, or pretty sure now we won't. wish my hubby would let me foster! LOL

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok a couple more pictures of Angel. I was trying to get a picture of her nipples. LOL

you can kinda see a nipple in this one but flash kept drowning them out. LOL

you can see them in this one kinda (tried with the flash off)

and a side view from tonight

side view of her stretched out

wish I had a previous side view as she was THIN.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't because all the pregnant cats I take in are well past 30 days so it wouldn't be easy to tell how many she has by that point. Any earlier than that and she would be spayed.

Katie's right - false pregnancies are rare, but don't tempt fate by letting her roam in the meantime. You'll know for sure in 2 months, tops!

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
semiferal---- if she is she would be due the end of June so only about 4-5 weeks and I will know for sure. LOL was hoping to know for sure before she had her babies. And she doesn't roam she is an indoor kitty that my 3 yr old let out and she was gone for 6 days.