How Many Inches of Snow do You Have?!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots...and we are supposed to get more. It took two of us about 25 minutes to get the car cleaned off this morning. There was a ton of snow and ice on it.

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no snow here (at least not anymore--see my previous thread "snow in the south") In fact I wore capri's and a short sleeved shirt yesterday! My out side thermometer read 90F yesterday! I wish I could come visit all of your snow though!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We drive to the snow here that is in the Sierras. Going skiing tomorrow. Our grass is green and it was 55F yesterday.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SNOW????? 13.5 inches!!!OMG!!! never ever, today in Texas, was 60, wind was really cutting, and tonight it is probably in the 30's close to 40's! But day before yesterday, it was 80's! Everybody stays sick from this crazy weather!
I hate it! but I really can't imagine dealing with that much snow! only if we could keep electricity, and I had a four wheel drive, our area would literally
shut down! no one would leave their house, no school! panic sets in here!!!
Monique

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
None. It has been like this most of the winter and when there is snow, it's just enough to make cycling inconvenient but not enough to be pretty.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we had a warm up last week so a bunch melted and with the blowing wind I'm not quite sure how much is actually on the ground. But for the winter season so far we have gotten 57 inches. And February/March are the more snowy months so of course much more to come!! The driveway is clear of snow again but that doesn't last too long.

We completely missed all that snow that southern Wisconsin got though.
The ski hills/trails and snowmobilers are very happy this year however!!

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is bizarre - I watched the news and it seems like everyone in Canada and the US is getting heaps of snow...except for us! It's a little cloudy here but we've just had cool with sun or cloud and rain. I'm not complainin'

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do all of you in Canada survive!!!?!!! I HATE snow and Iowa is no where near as bad as you guys in Canada get it!!!! Geezzzz............

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Im so sick of snow! Its a pain in the butt! Right now we probably have at least a couple feet in the back yard, and thats after some of it melted!! Im lucky though, my gpa's buissness has a plow truck, so when my DH is gone (almost always) someone comes at the butt crack of dawn and plows my driveway to make sure I can get out and get what is needed for the kids, and Angel to school and stuff! It rocks! I can't wait for spring though... Angel kept saying this summer that she wished it would snow! Now she keeps wishing for spring and I keep picking on her about the fact its all her fault we got snow in the first place!!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
none here either we have had one small snow that we got about 5-8 inches total it was over half gone by the end of the day

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ryn

None. It has been like this most of the winter and when there is snow, it's just enough to make cycling inconvenient but not enough to be pretty.
Wow, none! That must be very unusual for Finland?

Where I am now we have no snow either!
Looks like I picked a great winter to go to New Zealand!

Oh, yeah, sorry to all the Canuks still stuck there dealing with the white stuff....

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

How do all of you in Canada survive!!!?!!! I HATE snow and Iowa is no where near as bad as you guys in Canada get it!!!! Geezzzz............
I don't know - I am on the southern west coast (wet coast) so don't get much snow here. I spent 3 years on the prairies and almost went mental with all the cold and snow. I think the people in the snowy places just live a different lifestyle and if it's all you know/have grown up with, then you get used to it. I grew up on the coast so I'm not used to the snowy lifestyle so couldn't adjust...

I wonder how people in Alaska, Yukon etc survive it...

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

We've got 13.5 inches in our yard right now!!!!!!
I'm getting so tired of snow. It took me an hour to drive 25 miles to school today! That's INSANE!!!!
If you were in the Los Angeles area it might take you just as long to drive that distance... without any snow!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that is a good question......

There is a good 4-5 feet of snow in my backyard right now.

The banks along the driveway and streets are at least 5.5 feet because I can't see over them and that's how tall I am..

In other words Lots, lots, lots and still lots after that.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Well that is a good question......

There is a good 4-5 feet of snow in my backyard right now.

The banks along the driveway and streets are at least 5.5 feet because I can't see over them and that's how tall I am..

In other words Lots, lots, lots and still lots after that.
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't imagine!!!!!!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

If you were in the Los Angeles area it might take you just as long to drive that distance... without any snow!
Oh my goodness........I could live without that!!!! When Ashton Kutcher said the only traffic jams in Iowa are behind a tractor on the highway.....he WASN'T KIDDING!!!!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are under a winter storm warning and by noon tomorrow they are predicting an accumulation of 3-6 inches of snow, sleet, and freezing rain.

It started about 5 hours ago and we have about 2 inches and sleet is falling right now. I can hear it hit the windows.

I have been tired of snow since 1977.