How many days pregnant/feeding /deworming

Sarah 1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My sweetpie is due any day now.

But however curious.

She has mated 30 and 31 th december numerous times within 48 hours.
Then 1 2 an 3rd january 4 perhaps 5 times per 24 hrs.

So is she 64 days or 59? When to start counting?

The male has been neutered and she will be spayed.

You can tell she is near. Swollen mammary glands and she is quite feisty towards her friend ukkie.

She eats well. Belly moves alot. Looks good.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That was a lot of mating - too much really. Did you breed her? A couple of days is usually enough.

Count from the first day, so 64. She’s due just about any day now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sarah 1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That was a lot of mating - too much really. Did you breed her? A couple of days is usually enough.

Count from the first day, so 64. She’s due just about any day now.
We had a cat nanny because we werent home. She thought it couldnt harm because he was neutered. We found out halfway term.

I dont know whether to go to bed to bed at night or stay with her.

She is huge.

I have a vet on call and several nesting places. But she is still asleep.

She does scratch her nails and her eyes are beautiful and clear. She gets kitten food with vitamin paste as a snack.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little ones line up in the birth canal very late in the pregnancy and being cramped up, won't move quite so much. Also, mama will look a bit less pregnant from the top (her sides won't bulge out as much), but her belly will hang down a bit more toward the rear. Has she taken on this appearance? If so, the kittens are getting ready. This appearance change is often called "dropping."

Some mucus discharge of a light color may be seen up to a few days before delivery. That's another sign that she's about ready.

Sarah 1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The little ones line up in the birth canal very late in the pregnancy and being cramped up, won't move quite so much. Also, mama will look a bit less pregnant from the top (her sides won't bulge out as much), but her belly will hang down a bit more toward the rear. Has she taken on this appearance? If so, the kittens are getting ready. This appearance change is often called "dropping."

Some mucus discharge of a light color may be seen up to a few days before delivery. That's another sign that she's about ready.
I am not sure. Is it when you see it it is obvious?

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should be pretty obvious if the mucus plug comes out. Sometimes, you won't find it (say, if it comes out in the cat box).

Dropping might not be that obvious, depending on how many kittens she has and how large of a cat she is. Also, long fur disguises everything. The dropping also coincides with less kicking of the kittens, since they're all cramped-up in the birth canal. Probably, the most recognizable change is that her sides won't bulge out so much after the dropping has occurred.

All we can do is relate what many owners see; every cat is a bit different.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she looking for a place to nest and have her little ones? That's a pretty good indication she's going to deliver in the next couple of days. Have you provided some places for her? She may not use them, but there's a good chance she will, which makes it easier on you than say, if she gets into the drawer under the oven and has them there.

Sarah 1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Should be pretty obvious if the mucus plug comes out. Sometimes, you won't find it (say, if it comes out in the cat box).

Dropping might not be that obvious, depending on how many kittens she has and how large of a cat she is. Also, long fur disguises everything. The dropping also coincides with less kicking of the kittens, since they're all cramped-up in the birth canal. Probably, the most recognizable change is that her sides won't bulge out so much after the dropping has occurred.

All we can do is relate what many owners see; every cat is a bit different.
She had 7 yesterday. 7 kittens..

She is on kittenfood. But because 7 mouths is a lot to handle.

What can we do for mum to keep her fed?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just keep giving her kitten food as much as she wants it. Even 4-5 times a day. Make sure she has plenty to eat, and maybe some goat's milk (Walmart) or kitten replacement milk to give her more calcium. If she doesn't have enough calcium she will start panting. With 7 kittens there can't be too much, it takes a lot out of mama to nurse so many. I'll bet they are adorable, I am so happy everything went well!

Sarah 1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just keep giving her kitten food as much as she wants it. Even 4-5 times a day. Make sure she has plenty to eat, and maybe some goat's milk (Walmart) or kitten replacement milk to give her more calcium. If she doesn't have enough calcium she will start panting. With 7 kittens there can't be too much, it takes a lot out of mama to nurse so many. I'll bet they are adorable, I am so happy everything went well!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh. How absolutely precious! They look big too. Make sure the littlest ones get to eat when the bigger ones are asleep.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seven is a lot!

Watch for a runt or two. Weigh the kittens daily to make sure they are gaining 6-10 grams each per day. If not, they may need to nurse in two groups - the 4 largest and three smallest for an hour each then switch.

Definitely give mom a dish or two a day of kitten milk formula (powdered) for the calcium she needs.

You’ve got your hands full!

Sarah 1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As you know koala had 7 kittens sunday.

But one is a runt with a bent tail.

Hé lost 3 grams. So I am feeding by hand. Also he still drinks at moms.

Because he is so tiny he is pushed away. I put him at a nipple and feeding by hand with formula.

But how much and when to feed if he still drinkt at mom?

Without handfeeding he doesn't get enough. He weighs only 70 grams. Others are already 130 they are almost 3 days old.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest tiny amounts (1/2 to 1mL) every 1-2 hours for now. If he wants more give it. Be very careful and feed tummy down, head up.

Sarah 1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I suggest tiny amounts (1/2 to 1mL) every 1-2 hours for now. If he wants more give it. Be very careful and feed tummy down, head up.
That is exactly how I do it. You can tell he is hungry. But his brothers and sisters are 130 grams.

Little Pablo looks more active. Hopefully he will gaan weight.