How many cats?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momof3Cats&Kids

We can afford to feed 5, that wouldn't be a problem. Would I still need 1 litter box per cat? That's 5 boxes! Right now we have 2. One in each bathroom. I'm not sure where else I would put more litter boxes. Where do you keep your litter boxes?
It's not just feeding you have to think of, it's the vet bills. I have a large 2 yr old dog & 7 cats, two 2 year olds and five 1 year olds so they will all be senior cats/dog at the same time. We have planned for this.

As for litter boxes, I have 10. 6 in the cat room and 2 in each bathroom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3cats&kids

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
See, I wish we had a "cat room". It would make a world of difference around here. The more I'm thinking about it the more I'm thinking of only keeping the one boy as we'd originally planned. It's going to be so hard for me to give up the little black female we named Jasmine. She's so smart and active like Jada was as a kitten.

We are planning on buying a home in the next year and perhaps at that time I'll have room and can rescue a couple more from the humane society here in town.

sirha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
3 adult cats Lovecat Jr., Bonnie and unnamed. So far 6 kittens that I can see but I'm guessing there are about 4 more. We will prolly keep one of the kittens.

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
22 cats here..had 16 then took in a pregnant mom who was to far along to spay...she had 5 babies. After her spoay she'll be going back outside(not adjusting to the other cats). Miss Jasmine has got one cute face!
RJ

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
actually no...wish I did tho. 16 are fixed, just waiting to fix the new ones.. I live in a 3 bed with a walk up attic and basement so theres enough room. all are inside excedpt two I take out(the rest could care less about going out) sometimes it gets to be nuts here..Like 15 cats chasing a moth in house is funny as heck!!!RJ

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now we have 2 indoor cats and 2 outside (one of our 3 outside cats got adopted a week ago cause we are moving).

In the past I never had more then 6 adult cats in the house. I've had as many as 12 as one cat had a litter of 6 kittens (most I've ever had). I never count kittens in the house as 99% of them are spoken for as purebred cats when I was breeding my rexes.