How many cats have you owned?

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you include the kittens that only stayed until they were ready to be adopted, I think I have had 33 cats since I was 13 yrs old. Right now, I have 4 permanent residents and one foster kitten ready to go! Any takers
? Comes with a spay/neuter certificate
!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, the first cat I had as a pet was Jazper, a gray female tortie. Me and my girlfriend had gotten her in college back in 1991. We then got Oscar, a basic black/brown tabby in the summer. In the Fall of 1992, Oscar had to be PTS for some unknown reason (I had moved out of girlfriends life) and then Jazper disappeared one day through the screen door, never to be seen again.

So, that's 2...

Whisky entered my life in June 1992 as a pet to one of my friends. I acquired him in December 1994 and have had him ever since. Oliver came to me after Thanksgiving 2001 and stayed with me until last December 12th, when I had to put him to sleep.

That's 2 more...

Now, my best friend has found a large Siamese at his work that somebody dumped, I'm going to go pick this cat up and find it a home.

leilaluv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think 16, maybe more cant remeber lol because they were indoor/outdoor, only a couple have been very dear to me (*) All of these since I was 4 years old. YES I took care of ALL of them, that was the only reason I was allowed to keep them. I would collect aluminum cans in the neighborhood all the time to pay for their shots and stuff,eventually I gota job. even the outdoor ones got taken care of. When I was 4 my mom did help, she would clean his bum for me, but I LOVED taking care of him ....and my Love grew and grew.

Meech (*) My 1st cat ever

Mi nino (*)
Simba
Thomas
Cheezy Puffs
Fat Girl
Jimmy
Thomasina
Litter of 7 which I cant remeber their names "the Outsiders"
Chiquita
Anastasia
Bruce
3 fosters for a week
Chiclet(*) My hubbys 1st cat and my Greatest Love since Meech
Scrat(RIP)(*)
Ashes(*)
Cheeto(*)

LOL! That makes 25!
I LOVE cats!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never owned a cat - they all own me! In the order they've come into my life (I'm sure I'm missing most of the ferals):

Josephine
Little Joe
Blackie
Stephanie I
Stephanie II
Hippocrates
Hyper
Boogie
Lucy
Max
Natasha
Bogart
Boris
Little Mom
Sebastian
Samantha
Shep
Red Mom
Indiana Joan
Larry
Mary
Pale Face
Tan Foot
Blackie
Stumpy
Eightball
Tigger
Molly
Head
Bob
Evil Anti-Shep
Satan
Pinky
Ruby
T-Squared
Flashback
Scarlett
Twinkle-toes
Maggie
Chuck
Morrison
Hendrix
Janis
Muddy
Koko
Jake
Elwood
Lucky
Tortie girl
Tortie girl 2
Dakota
Sage
Billie
Spanky
Oscar
Emily

Yup, that's only 56 that I can remember.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OKay, I think Momofmany is in the lead with a whopping 56!

If I counted wrong and someone has more pleaze tell me!

Wow! 56 cats..your name suits you.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I started out reading, I was about to point out that I haven't ever owned a cat, but several people got there before me
and I haven't come close to MomofMany
. The cats who have owned me, however briefly in some cases, are, chronologically...

Chinook
Percy
Shasta
Gryphon
Nibs
Samantha
Suzy
Cindy
Fawn

southernlocs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well were being owned by 2 lil bengal boys. Those are the only 2 i have ever owned, so im a new kitty servant lol

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have owned 4 kitties!

Ivan the terrible (he was mean)
Tigger
Irish (born on St. Patricks day)
Phenom who is the queen of my heart now!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats that have owned me ....

The indoor ones
Nikko( siamese)( MOM s cat siamese

Murphy ( persian, I was highly allergic and she had potty issue s , went to a farm when I was 3 ish ...)

Kandie ( my Princess was supposed to be my cat but she is moms )

Simon Leeroy ( snowshoe how I miss him

Zoey ( the once feral likely bengal cross)

The not offically mine

Mr Kitty ( he likes my family currently paid for by the old lady accross the street )

Flip ( he also lives accross the street but is the neighborhood non tom)

My ferals

Boots ( believed to be with kittens but cant catch her or touch she gets close though

Blackie ( a true feral he bolts if any thing is within 20 ft , will try to trap and release )

Peaches ( a sweety suspect a tom

Mystery ( cant get to close suspect siamese mix )

MY NON Family
Midnight and her kittens ... I was 2 yr -15 yrs ... I beleive I was friends with Midnight the 10 -14th generation... I pray someone trapped and fixed as I came into their lives 30 yrs after my Grandma started feeding them .....

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Current cats:

Gizmo, Tinkerbelle, Olivia, Theodore, Amelia, Boris and Leo

Cats in kitty heaven (RIP):

Barnsey and Minette - childhood cats, brother and sister, who both lived until a ripe old age

Arnie and Tiger - brother and sister, had to be put down by vet at the age of 3 months - they were born with defects affecting their organs. It was a traumatising experience. I got them at 8 weeks and after month of worrying and constant vet appointments, the vet said they would not make it for that much longer and were suffering. I wish the rescue centre which gave us the kittens had checked this out first!

So that makes 11 in total.