How Many Cats Do You Have?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many gorgeous kitties in this thread but i especially love Chester!

I currently just have one cat, i'm not set up for more, its the goal eventually though, as long as Honeybunny gets along with them i"d eventually like to have 3 cats & a couple dogs (Pomski & a German Shepherd).

This is Honeybunny. I live in San Francisco, and one day a couple years ago i pulled over downtown by a vacant lot to take a phone call and saw her. She was skinny & scroungey looking so i knew she wasnt someones pet. Lured her to me with jerky (all i cpuld get) and scooped her up and brought her home, thinking "ill just bring her to a shelter in a day or two".

Ha.

That day she scarfed some wet kitty food i got her and then just hopped on the bed and chatted with me a bit (she was very meowy) before settling down for a nap. I thought about how relieved she must be to be in a home with a safe place to lay her head, and idk... i couldnt do it. I couldnt go put her in a shelter.

Ive had her 2 years now and she's the best kitty :) sleeps with me at night, loves to play, doesnt get spooked by the vaccuum or loud noises. She's a character and i love her and i'm so glad i investigated that day instead of driving off bc it "wasnt my problem".

Mischisvous:

View attachment 291138

Sweet

View attachment 291139

And the mode she's in most often: derpy :p

View attachment 291140

View attachment 291141
I've always enjoyed seeing her. She's such an expressive kitty, and a very special one :catlove:

Hlee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a little black persian girl named Chickie that looks like yours and she is a sweet little goofball.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Purrrfectttales

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have 4 cats...pictured in my signature below.

Plus, we currently have our daughter's cat staying with us until mid-August when she heads back to vet school. She has been attending Ross Veterinary School in St. Kitts and couldn't bring her cat with her. She got tired of living outside the US so she is transferring to Iowa State Veterinary School where she will be able to have her cat with her.
Ohhh I like Loki's color. He is very pretty. I love blue cats. I'm sure your daughter will be happy to have her cat around now.

Purrrfectttales

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3 cats here. Not a crazy cat lady until 4 :catman:( fosters don't get counted)

Haha. I guess I am not quite at crazy cat lady status yet. I MIGHT adopt a fourth one. I am going to try really hard to resist. Fostering is really fun and I want to be able to continue doing this. I see that a lot of people may be willing to adopt a cat but a lot of people don't want to take a whole litter of kittens in for 5-6 + weeks. So I can see the great need for fosters to take these guys out of the shelter so that fewer cats are euthanized. The last time I was at the shelter there was a woman dropping off two adult cats. The shelter staff told her they couldn't guarantee they wouldn't be euthanized because they are currently full. She didn't even flinch at the possibility of euthanasia. I felt really sad to see that.

Purrrfectttales

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So many gorgeous kitties in this thread but i especially love Chester!

I currently just have one cat, i'm not set up for more, its the goal eventually though, as long as Honeybunny gets along with them i"d eventually like to have 3 cats & a couple dogs (Pomski & a German Shepherd).

This is Honeybunny. I live in San Francisco, and one day a couple years ago i pulled over downtown by a vacant lot to take a phone call and saw her. She was skinny & scroungey looking so i knew she wasnt someones pet. Lured her to me with jerky (all i cpuld get) and scooped her up and brought her home, thinking "ill just bring her to a shelter in a day or two".

Ha.

That day she scarfed some wet kitty food i got her and then just hopped on the bed and chatted with me a bit (she was very meowy) before settling down for a nap. I thought about how relieved she must be to be in a home with a safe place to lay her head, and idk... i couldnt do it. I couldnt go put her in a shelter.

Ive had her 2 years now and she's the best kitty :) sleeps with me at night, loves to play, doesnt get spooked by the vaccuum or loud noises. She's a character and i love her and i'm so glad i investigated that day instead of driving off bc it "wasnt my problem".

Mischisvous:

View attachment 291138

Sweet

View attachment 291139

And the mode she's in most often: derpy :p

View attachment 291140

View attachment 291141

I love her. She is adorable. I especially love that last picture with the tongue out. Haha. :lovecat:

Purrrfectttales

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I currently have one. Felix. The most I've had at one time is 5. That's the only time I felt complete in my life LOL. I don't know what it is about being surrounded by a lot of cats but I love it and miss the feeling. I think it's because they remind me of people but without the judging and arguing.
I no longer have Smokey (the grey cat) or Hazel (the calico).

Hazel was a rescue. I have no idea what happened to her. Smokey is in a really good home. Hazel's two kittens, I don't have any pictures of. But one is living with my brother's family. The other ran away from them and they haven't been able to catch him but they see him in the neigborhood from time to time.

Cats are definitely very social animals. My cats are just like dogs and follow me around everywhere. They definitely don't judge you and don't like to argue. They just like to eat! lol

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome that you have taken them all in. I know a lot of people wouldn't take that kind of time with a shy/fearful cat. They are all lucky to have you!
Oh, I specialize in "problem children". If a Cat is scared, aggressive, or otherwise considered potentially un-adoptable I do my thing. I can't always foster them but I can spend some one on one time with them and get to know their real selves. Of course, whether or not anyone listens to me when I share my findings is another matter altogether.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have nine. It was supposed to be two, but things happen and cats found their way to our home. We also have a feral that has claimed our front porch.

From oldest to youngest:
Simon Greystoke Thane, saved from a life on the streets.

Her Royal Highness, Princess Evangeline Evayne Snow Piggy Piggy, the Benevolent Ruler of Rookwood Manor and All Its Lands and People

Tara, Simon's best friend who saved him from starvation when they were strays.

Sisters/Littermates Estella (L) and Astrid (Right), saved from being target practice when they were 7 months old.

Willow, sister/littermate to Fennimore. One of three of a feral litter saved after their mother and siblings were killed by a coyote.

Fennimore, my Big Boy, saved with his sister Willow and brother Pip. Pip, an all black cat, lives with my friend. He is a very happy boy.

Freya, our former feral stray who is still a bit wild. My daughter found her wandering the street when she was about 2 months old. She is 3 1/2 and less than 5 lbs.

Silas, the baby. I found him outside of a store with his sister hiding under an outside display when he was about 5 1/2 weeks old. He was starved, covered in fleas, and had been burned on his leg. He is now our biggest (not by weight) at almost 11 months.

This is our feral, Linden. He is a little older than Freya. He has a house on our front porch that we heat for him in the winter. (Ignore the paint on our porch. It was completely redone last year.)

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have nine. It was supposed to be two, but things happen and cats found their way to our home. We also have a feral that has claimed our front porch.

From oldest to youngest:
Simon Greystoke Thane, saved from a life on the streets.

Her Royal Highness, Princess Evangeline Evayne Snow Piggy Piggy, the Benevolent Ruler of Rookwood Manor and All Its Lands and People

Tara, Simon's best friend who saved him from starvation when they were strays.

Sisters/Littermates Estella (L) and Astrid (Right), saved from being target practice when they were 7 months old.

Willow, sister/littermate to Fennimore. One of three of a feral litter saved after their mother and siblings were killed by a coyote.

Fennimore, my Big Boy, saved with his sister Willow and brother Pip. Pip, an all black cat, lives with my friend. He is a very happy boy.

Freya, our former feral stray who is still a bit wild. My daughter found her wandering the street when she was about 2 months old. She is 3 1/2 and less than 5 lbs.

Silas, the baby. I found him outside of a store with his sister hiding under an outside display when he was about 5 1/2 weeks old. He was starved, covered in fleas, and had been burned on his leg. He is now our biggest (not by weight) at almost 11 months.

This is our feral, Linden. He is a little older than Freya. He has a house on our front porch that we heat for him in the winter. (Ignore the paint on our porch. It was completely redone last year.)
You're amazing for taking them all in & loving them <3

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have three. Lily and Iris are 15 and litter mates. Mocha is about five.

I’ve had the sisters since they were kittens. I had lost Teddy Bear at age 19 in December 2003, and Mayflower in June 2004 at 18 so it was just our boy, Max, who was seven. Teddy and Mayflower were long haired, and I had said I didn’t want any more long-haired cats. Well, a co-worker said her sister’s cat had a litter and the two kittens they couldn’t find homes for were going to the high kill shelter. I couldn’t let that happen! So, two more long-haired kitties.

Fast forward to 2017. Max crossed the Bridge in July that year (tomorrow, in fact, will be the two-year anniversary of his passing :(), and I was just going to be happy with the sisters. But I had been volunteering at a sanctuary that had a cat cottage, and there was this one little cat who just...needed me. No one could touch her, including me, and she was scared all of the time. I fell in love and brought her home. It was a couple of months before I could touch her; she jumped into my lap for the first time five months after she came to live with us. She is a total sweetheart!

Lily (Loves to drink out of the sink!)
2519CE60-156C-431B-A3B9-2DE20A942D46.jpeg

Iris (My funny quirky girl)
88A6DDB7-E7AB-44DE-9BD8-AE0EDE56896E.jpeg

Mocha (Still skittish but so sweet and affectionate. Loves Iris and is always trying to snuggle.)
BDD53B1D-2FC6-4692-9C5C-C69728DF45EB.jpeg

Ghoulofnagoya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is adorable. He looks super relaxed in that photo! I like the name too, haha. Maybe you can get him a friend soon. Cats are like potato chips, you can't have just one!!!
Yea agreed! If I can get a place of my own in the future I will definitely get him some friends!! :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bravo to everyone here! None are at crazy cat lady status. The people with higher numbers are staying quiet! :lol: All the kitties here are beautiful and very fortunate to love and be loved! :clap2: Get more kitties!