How Lure Semi Feral Back After Noisy Tree Cutters Leave?

4theloveofcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am dreading tomorrow big time.
I have always gotten along really well with my next door neighbor. She is the only one who likes cats and even TNRd several.
But she recently started being paranoid about tree limbs hanging over her driveway from a large oak on this property. We went through a 65 MPH storm and they didn't budge, so I thought she was over it.
I am a long time tenant, but things are complicated because this is my ex boyfriend's house.
I think one reason I stayed was to take care of the colony near here.
So I live here, but don't have any authority on what is done here.
But now my neighbor has announced last minute that a tree crew is arriving at 6 am tomorrow morning to cut the branches and take down the tops of other trees in her yards.
I had gently explained to her that the crew she was interested in using are basically scammers. I researched them and apparently they have regged in LV as a corporation and are avoiding paying proper taxes. Their only review in yelp is about them being disgusting pigs and verbally harassing young girls.
They keep telling people oaks in the neighborhood are about to die when they're totally healthy. Real creeps.
I actually had a 'tree nerd' who has been in business forever out here to check out the trees, he said everything look great and healthy and to run screaming from the charlatans.
Anyway, it appears she has these guys all signed up to come do major work even after my warnings.
My exbf/landlord is very annoyed, but for some reason is not stopping her from cutting limbs off his tree.
He is supposed to sign off on things since they will climbing his 90 foot tree tomorrow.
But no one asked him so he says its not his problem.
I know him well, so I am fearful he will use this as an excuse to berate me if things go awry tomorrow.
The tree is a mere 7-8 feet from my home office and a spare room for some of my rescues.
I just am really upset because when a tree was going to be cut on this property , my neighbor asked me for several days advance notice so she could go to her vacation home.
Now I am told about this last minute with no time to prep. As a friend I feel hurt.
Besides my vent, my real question is how to lure the ferals back after tree crew is gone.
Last year at this same time, my neighbor had an entire new roof put on her house.
The crew who worked there were jerks and would scream at the ferals sleeping on her side porch.
One of the ferals never returned and I found her sad little corpse when snow receded months later.
I want to avoid that same pain ..... So please, any ideas to bring back the kittehs after this noise and craziness is over, is appreciated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4theloveofcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now it turns out she hired guys who have no license , insurance in my state. Bunch of out of state people from Fairfax, VA. This work is close to electrical wires also. I don't know what to do.