How loud does your cat purr?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

I agree
Carmelo is so cute when he purrs, because there is this little chirp that goes with the purr too.
Bear is a chirping purrer to!
Maia has her moments when she is in full purr mode, but not as often.....

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my son brought Blossom home as a tiny 3 w/o kitten she had a loud purr compared to her 200gm size. As she got older she became a silent purrer. If she's on my lap & I can feel a slight vibration I have to put my ear to her chest to hear the very slightest purr. She doesn't meow either. Just a little squeak.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call Jake a motor boat when he purrs. It's really loud and it annoys me when he does it while humping something
He actually purrs louder when he is humping something ...

susan600

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has a load purr, but he doesn't do it that often......not sure what that means?? is he not feeling loved?

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beau can purr audibly, but he doesn't do it often., maybe once a day? Usually all I can do is feel his purr when I'm petting him.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of my cats purr very loud. The other one has several different purring sounds which change depending on the reason why he's purring. He also purrs when he doesn't like something, for example when I'm clipping his nails or drying him after a bath.

My smallest kitty has a very tiny purring sound, you can't really hear it but you can feel it, it suits him well.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky is a quiet, delicate kind of purr-er
. Bugsy on the other hand.... like a tractor! I actually thought he was chronically congested, and asked the vet - she said... "no, just his purr..."

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
both of my girls purr fairly loud. I can always tell which cat is coming to me for loving at night by their purr. Rusty's purr has a little trill to it. Dusty just purrs.

labyrinth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both my current cats are kind of quiet, but my sweet Sammy (RIP) always purred so loud I could hear him from across the room.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Punkin, our biggest cat--almost inaudible purr.

Sterling, a good loud rumble.

Ella, a "snorking" purr. She has some sort of problem and her purr has a catch in it, almost like she's snoring.

I like to find a kitten/cat at the shelter that has a good loud purr, so I can take him out of his cage and let children (many who have never heard a cat purr) hear it up close.