How Long Until These Kittens Are Born!!

Jaime.klinke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a pregnant foster cat who lost her mucus plug on Thursday am and she’s showing no signs of labor or anything... any advice on when to expect things to get moving? I’ve read it can be 7 days but none of her behaviors have changed at all. I’m so anxious to meet these kittens:)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're welcome!
The pictures loaded very well (I've heard that sometimes loading a photo from a phone has something to do with them going sideways, not sure about that though), thank you, and oh, gracious, she looks ready to POP - LOL :)

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a yellow/red girl. Rescued her from a neighbors patio. Pregnant, had three kittens two weeks after rescue. She is a very big kitty. twelve pounds plus. Good luck with your mother to be. Are you feeding her kitten food? Both kibble and canned. She needs it now and as long as she is nursing her kittens.

You might try giving her a saucer or two of Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR) every day now and as long as she is nursing. For the extra fat, protein. and calcium. Buy the powdered form of KMR and mix it yourself.