How Long Till A Cat Can Have Babies Again

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
stray female cat i feed had kittens they are about 12 weeks or so now and the mom is super big now and i think shes pregnant again i thought it took them least 6 months before they could get pregnant again shes really wide again and acting strange layingdown in my floor

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a cat can become pregnant again as soon as the kittens are weaned. Can you try to trap her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think a cat can become pregnant again as soon as the kittens are weaned. Can you try to trap her?

well she def had them last night she was crying to come in i dont let her in much due to her trying to fight with my boy over the house but just in case i got a box and put a old hoody inside it and i can hear baby kittens crying from my living room this isnt good given i cant even find homes for the other 2 kittens so far i really do not wana take them to a shelter :(

what was strange is about an hour ago one of the kittens was sucking the mama still and the mama was laying back cuddling with it as it was nursing and she just had another set of kittens thats pretty bizarre

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cat can become pregnant as soon as a week (Days) after giving birth. I had one cat that had three litters in a row that was dumped pregnant by a stranger, and she had her litters less than three months apart, she was nursing big kittens with newborns! needless to say I took her in and had her spayed. Having them spayed is expensive, but not as expensive as all the cats you can have in a year after THOSE babies start having babies too!That can be done soon after birth, ask your local vet as to when they advise. good luck, and bless you for caring for this sweet little girl.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A cat can become pregnant as soon as a week (Days) after giving birth. I had one cat that had three litters in a row that was dumped pregnant by a stranger, and she had her litters less than three months apart, she was nursing big kittens with newborns! needless to say I took her in and had her spayed. Having them spayed is expensive, but not as expensive as all the cats you can have in a year after THOSE babies start having babies too!That can be done soon after birth, ask your local vet as to when they advise. good luck, and bless you for caring for this sweet little girl.

yeah the other kittens r sucking her now too wtf mostly out of jealousy i think cause they still want the mama to be there mama they r little brats who love attention lol

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's never a good idea to assume an unspayed cat can't or won't become pregnant. Cats are extremely efficient at reproduction. She needs to be spayed after this new litter is weaned. If you live somewhere with cold winters, she probably won't get pregnant again until next year (usually sometime between January-March), but again, no guarantees! Talk to your vet/spay clinic about what time is best. You don't want to end up with 600 cats ;).

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the cutest thing just happened the 2 brother and sisters saw there new baby siblings and they ddint know how to react they started hopping around it and lightly hitting it with there paws and lightly kicking biting but they got a bit too rough so i had to stop them

i figured the oldest boy kitten would be territorial but he saw them as a fun playmate but much to young for now god if i were rich id just fix them all and put them in a huge backyard inclosed so theyd b safe just wish people wanted cats today seems like here people dont want cats

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's never a good idea to assume an unspayed cat can't or won't become pregnant. Cats are extremely efficient at reproduction. She needs to be spayed after this new litter is weaned. If you live somewhere with cold winters, she probably won't get pregnant again until next year (usually sometime between January-March), but again, no guarantees! Talk to your vet/spay clinic about what time is best. You don't want to end up with 600 cats ;).
i cant even pick her up much less get her fixed she is a stray she loves to be petted she was super mean at first total feral cat but after 9 months of feeding her she began tot rust me and realized i would be a great resource for food but u cant grab her to pick her up or she will cut you up bad

i plan to move in 4 weeks if my application for a new house goes fine so when that happens i plan to keep one of the older kittens i have now and try to get rid of the other 2 im gonna have to leave the mom here sadly but she knows how to hunt sh isnt domesticated but shed like to be so i know she wont be in a bad position when i leave

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My local mama kitty had litters four months apart, counting from birth to birth. Thank God I got her fixed after the second. :ohwell:

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i cant even pick her up much less get her fixed she is a stray she loves to be petted she was super mean at first total feral cat but after 9 months of feeding her she began tot rust me and realized i would be a great resource for food but u cant grab her to pick her up or she will cut you up bad

i plan to move in 4 weeks if my application for a new house goes fine so when that happens i plan to keep one of the older kittens i have now and try to get rid of the other 2 im gonna have to leave the mom here sadly but she knows how to hunt sh isnt domesticated but shed like to be so i know she wont be in a bad position when i leave
At least trap her and get her fixed.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At least trap her and get her fixed.
if it didnt cost so much it cost 130 dollars to fix an animal here as i live n the stix with 1 vet within an hour drive which is why i plan to move as soon as i find a decent house in the city

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know where you are, but there are low-cost options.
not when u live in union mississippi trust me this is the poorest place in the usa its the poorest state by far and in a very bad area there isnt even a basic animal control to take care of animals here next one is 45 mintues away and only 1 shelter and its a kill shelter theres a few vets but they all charge alot for even a basic check up