How long does my cat have left before she gives birth????

sunsetbluerose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most of the time the last kitten(s) that are born risk actually drowning in the sac as the sac does not rupture on its own at this point as well. Often you have to rip the sac off of them with your fingernail and then dry the face with an absorbent wrap or tissue so it can breath. Some recommend a bulb syringe. You have to do this usually with the kitten still attached to mom via umbilical cord. Sometimes you have to wiggle a kitten for a bit to get it to breathe and come to life. Therefore, they could have appeared stillborn but they might have drowned in the sac. I have helped birth tons of kittens ans see this issue in almost every litter. When I was young my mom had a cocker spanial that was giving birth and she thought I should not touch them so I had to stand there and watch two puppies actually drown because she would not let me do anything. I tried to tell her what was happening and I asked to intervene but she would not let me. I had helped birth many kittens before this so I knew what was happening and read articles on how to help during a pets delivery.