How long do you think?

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Kitty soft paws Has gotten huge in the last few weeks!!! You can feel the babies move. She is wanting attention non stop which is very unlikely for her. I have no idea when she got pregnant because I didn't notice ANY signs she was in heat. She will be getting spayed as soon as the kittens are 8 weeks or so. I don't think she has any milk in yet. She has also become very lazy since yesterday.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once you can feel the kittens move, it means the queen is at least 6 weeks along.  That is at a minimum though- she may be further. Milk is not necessarily a good indication- it can come in quite a time before the birth or it can even not come in until after the birth.

At most she has 3 weeks to go.  I would guess it will be sooner based on what you describe.

I am so glad you have plans to get her spayed.

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have more questions!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful, my cat came in to heat again when the kittens were only two weeks old! Good luck and keep posting with any new news, we ALL love kittens! (just somebody else's!)

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Be careful, my cat came in to heat again when the kittens were only two weeks old! Good luck and keep posting with any new news, we ALL love kittens! (just somebody else's!)
Yes very good advice- I should have said, it is essential that you keep her inside and away from any un-neutered male cats until she is spayed. Cats can essentially get pregnant again IMMEDIATELY, and may go into heat within 2-3 days of the birth. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you!! Im not worried about her coming into heat afterwards because she will NOT be going outside lol!!

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot to put the other day I felt a kitten by her back legs, so hopefully they are moving to the birth canal

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When she is up walking around Which is VERY little today she looks skinnier then she did yesterday. What would be the reason for this? When I do feel movement its on the bottom of her belly not her side anymore.

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Waiting for kittens is torture I'm going nuts! My girl Ash is due anyday! Good luck to you and your kitty
Thank you!! Yes it is torture!! She has been sleeping all day today so maybe its getting close!!!

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When she is up walking around Which is VERY little today she looks skinnier then she did yesterday. What would be the reason for this? When I do feel movement its on the bottom of her belly not her side anymore.
This is likely as the kittens move into position for birth,, hopefully it will be soon :D

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope so!! Today she is hard as a rock back between her legs so hopefully they are getting ready!! Do all cats lose hair by their nipples before hand? I read that somewhere and she has not.

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! Yours looks like a sweetie also!! She has been so lazy again today!!

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I just went and checked on my kitty!! She had some like mucus or whatever coming out!! SO hopefully the babies will be here soon!!

farreri87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her meow has changed now and she is even more clingy then before. Still no babies yet though!!