How long did you wait in line to vote?

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My plan was to stop on way to work. I left an hour early just in case.

When I got there they were backed up out the door. At first I was really worried because I have to walk up the ramp and the line was stretched out down the stairs on the other side.

As I was walking up (grumbling to myself) thinking this is great. What am I supposed to do? Wait at the side for the line to move up? The line was moving but as it did more were joining it.

Then I looked up and one of the poll worker was coming down to meet me.
He must have seen me from the inside. He was going to slip me in on the "new voter" line. This sounded good until I saw the line.

Then I noticed that the line I would have been in (they have different lines for names beginning with different letters) had only on person in it! This was hidden by the lines on either side were very long.

After that it was smooth sailing.
I even managed to make it to work early.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't. There were only 2 people ahead of me at 6 am, and both of them were already voting. By the time I got signed in, a machine was open. So I basically walked in, voted, and walked out

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Um, maybe a minute? LOL But that's more than I've had to wait before. I went at lunch with the plan that if there was a line I'd go after work (the rule here is that as long as you're IN line when the polls close you can vote). But there was no line, but more people started coming in after me. Guess I was one of the first of the lunch rush.

I am glad I took my cheat sheet from the Blue Book. I was in and out well before others who came in before me. We had a ton of propositions on our ballot this year!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't have to wait at all, this is my very first time voting, so I had to register, so I waited like 3 minutes in line for that, and then picked up my form and filled it out, so I was in and out of there within 20 minutes. Our town was divided up into about 5 different places, so it makes it so quick & easy - I was voter 1,143

There were so many new voters there tonight, I think its great

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't have to wait very long at all, and we even had to 'reregister' because we had moved since the voting 'round'...

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I voted early, in person, and didn't have to wait at all. I walked up, said my name and address, signed the paper, and voted. However, a colleague of mine waited something like an hour and half later that day at the in-person early voting (it was last Tuesday, and the last day of early voting in our county). So I checked "less than 15 minutes" even though I early voted. Because early voting can have lines.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to wait like 2 minutes max. I was able to walk right up to the table, sign my card and then just wait for one guy ahead of me to finish. Piece of cake!

As usual though, they looked up my first name instead of my last name. Even though the lady next to her holding my license said my last name to her! I have a common last name...it is not confusing...yet this has happend to me for longer than I can remember!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH went around lunchtime - waited about 10 mins in line. I had to wait till I got home from work, then went straight up to vote (ate supper when I got back). Guess it was about 20 mins or so for me.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also live in Oregon which is vote by mail only. No lines, no waiting. Just mail it or drop it in the ballot box at City Hall.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't wait at all, I walked in, signed my name after they found it in the ballot book, voted, and walked out. It took less than 5 minutes

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
15 minutes....

I even woke up early. I had to be at work at 11am and I got to the polling location at 9am. I went back home afterwards