how long can you stay mad at your hubby or boyfriend?

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby and his friend were going to a pizza place tonight for dinner, I didn't want to go so i told him ot bring me back a pizza. Well hubby comes home with a stromboli (spelling??) I like them sometimes but I was really in the mood for a pizza! So I was kinda upset at him and he was really sorry and all.
Anywho, five mintues later he comes back in the computer room and says I just checked on our little foster kitty and she made a mess so i'm cleaning her litter box
This man never ever helps me with litter chores!! So now I'm not mad at him anymore!

Does your dh always get himself out of the dog house quickly?

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val...what are you complaining about? No one brings me food...stromboli or other wise! The other day I was visiting my family and my sister-in-law brought me a glass of milk. Set it down in front of me but she ment to give it to her child. We all had a huge laugh over it.... but It felt great! No one brings me food!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
smart man, knew he screwed up so he sucked up! LOL!
I can be mad forever! that's the type of person I am though. s/o knows that. But it takes LOTS to make me mad. When we fight I fight hard and mean(never physically though). I think it has to do with living with my ex husband. He used to abuse me and I finally realized that I don't have to take that crap so when we fight, I automatically just start to react like I would if I was trying to protect myself from my ex. instinct? who knows. It's been 8 years since I've been with that man, and my s/o is a great man but I just can't help myself when it comes to that. I guess maybe it's because I never fought back with my ex? I don't know. but one thing I do know though, I never go to bed mad, and if I start it and it's my fault, I will always apologize. I hate to fight in front of the cats also. it makes them nervous. I'm so very strange.......

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barb if you hate to fight in front of the cats.....You are a very good/or will be a very good mom.( a good kitty mom anyway!)

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always get madder if Brad upsets the kitties when he yells. We have decided we both don't want kids( and I can't carry them anyway so that's a good thing) so the cats are our kids and they are more in tune with my emotions then any kid could ever be(in my opinion). I think they know when I've had a seizure. they are always hovering around me and wanting to me near me more then normal. It's really nice to know that they are there when I need someone to be there.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning the litterbox is way up there on the list of things they can do to make up with us.
I'd say he done good.

And stromboli's aren't that bad, after all!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
Cleaning the litterbox is way up there on the list of things they can do to make up with us.
I'd say he done good.

And stromboli's aren't that bad, after all!
I think that is on the top my list of ways to make up

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see...the ex and I have been going at it for 9 years and counting....

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can sulk for weeks. My dear late Dad and I were so similar and we used to argue all the time - but we were still very close. If we fell out, we would both sulk and not talk for weeks (months on one occasion). It used to drive my Mum mad - she couldn't and can't hold a grudge.

I sulk with hubbs a lot if we argue. Thing is I like to argue rationally whereas he gets rude and personal. I find this offensive and then proceed to ignore him.

He will rarely apologize, but will bit-by-bit start acting as if nothing's happened. However last weekend he said some particularly unpleasant things and although I am talking to him it is purely about neutral subjects like our business, the house and the cats and absolutely nothing about my personal thoughts and feelings.

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm a long time... my fiance I've been with him for about 3 years, and I'm still mad at him.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a sore subject to me right now.
I am one to forgive and forget pretty quickly... but not hubby...oh no...he can get mad about the dumbest thing and not speak to me for a week or more. Seriously. It drives me nuts, and he knows it does.
We had a fight tonight, so I expect no speaking for a week or so.