How long can I give Buprenex?

amandamariec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had dental surgery a month ago but my cat was still in pain so I brought him to a new vet for a second opinion. The new vet said she thought he had tooth resorption and that he needs more teeth pulled. My first vet did not have a radiograph machine to take dental x-rays and the new vet does. 

My cat was supposed to go for his second dental tomorrow but they just called and said their machine broke. Now they can't see him until Oct 1st. I also have an appointment with a veterinary dentist on Oct 7th.

I'm wondering, how long can I give my cat Buprenex without having any side effects? Are there withdrawal symptoms (it is an opiate, after all)?

Should I wait to bring my cat to the veterinary dentist on the 7th or should I try to find a new vet to get him in this week? 

Any advice so appreciated! 

Thank you! 

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Rather than keep him on pain pills, if it were me, I'd try to get the issue fixed.  IF there is another Vet with the proper equipment that can see him sooner, I'd try to go with that. 

BTW, not really sure on your question on the Buprenex, but I'm sure ANY of the Vets you're seeing could answer all your questions related to that via the phone.