How Long Before Tapeworm Is Gone???

mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tapeworms can be very large, and one pill won't make them disappear instantly from your cat. That's just biology. Yes, the medication will work, but you have to be a bit patient. Tapeworms are icky, but they're pretty much nonpathogenic, and unless your cat has other serious problems, the only way they'll make your cat sick is to be present in such numbers that they block the intestinal tract. If you get this upset over a minor thing, you'll also need medication if your cat actually gets sick. Try to relax and enjoy your cat.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my Bobber its a constant battle with tapeworms-we treated her Sat w/Drontal. Because she is an indoor/outdoor kitty we have to treat her every three months.
If you have other cats I know my vet recommends that they be treated for tapeworm too due to the shared litter boxes. That being said we have dealt with this long enough to know that this hasn't happened in our house.
Keep us posted please.

dmazzei54

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know what Doncit you guys are using, but my kitten was given one shot of it to kill and DISSOLVE the tapeworm while still inside her and I was told I would never witness any segments again or the worm itself.  The dissolved tape would be excreted out with her stool in the litterbox within 24 hours and only the one shot was needed.  I clean my litter boxes twice a day anyway.  At any rate, that is my experience, so I have to consider your answer a little bit wrong on the facts.