How long after giving my cat metamucil for his diarrhea should he poop again?

Jdugs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Long story, short - I took my cat to the vet as he had diarrhea for 3 days (due to a food change we think).. the vet put him on antibiotics and recommended adding a little bit of metamucil to his food. She warned me that he may not poop for 24 hours because of the metamucil. It has now been 24 hours and he has not pooped... But I am just wondering how long I should wait for him to poop before becoming alarmed.

Thanks!

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cat can skip a day at the litter box with no problem... Sometimes a cat just doesn't need to go.

If a cat skips two days, you should keep an eye out but still, sometimes they just don't have to.

If it's been more than one or two days, it's time to call a vet.

Our cat, Casper, has digestive issues and we need to give him medicine (Cisapride) and a 1/4 tsp. of Miralax in his food every day.
Even then, he still occasionally skips a day. However, in our case, if he goes more than two days, we have to get him to the vet or else he could have serious problems.

One thing you can do is to make sure that your cat has plenty of water to drink. This is especially important if your cat eats dry food.

When we took Casper to the vet for the first time, because of his digestive problem, our vet said, "Water, water, water!"

That's what I suggest for you. "Water, water, water!" ;) ;) ;)

And, if this goes on for more than another day, get on the horn to the vet, ASAP. :)