How Long After Giving My Cat A Dewormer Should The Diarrhea Go Away?

mike758

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two one year old cats, the male goes outside and the female stays inside. The male started having diarrhea about a month ago so I finally called the vet and they gave me a dewormer since he eats animals outside. I gave it to him about 5 days ago and he still has diarrhea and today he threw up all his food which was a first. I’ve looked in the poop and I looked at the vomit today and no signs of worms.

Besides the diarrhea, he’s been eating fine and doesn’t appear or act sick. When they were kittens they both had diarrhea which went away when I switched foods. A few weeks before the diarrhea now I went from Purina Naturals to Purina Cat Chow, so tonight I switched back, although like I said my female cat hasn’t had any issues. So if worms were the issues, is it normal that he still has the diarrhea?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its no remedy on diarrhea but make sure he gets pedialyte to compeensate for salt loss.

If you can get raw goats milk it may be useful too.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not all cats react the same to food changes. So, your guy might not handle it as well as your girl. He also goes outside, so he can get into all sorts of stuff that could cause his issues.

I am not at all familiar with worming, but I think 5 days of related diarrhea is excessive. And, the vomit is likely not related at all.