how is your christmas tree holding up with the cats?

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I must say mine has not ended up on the floor yet. still looking really good. a little crooked at the bottom and the cats will not allow me to keep a tree skirt on the bottom and so far i found about 10 ornaments on the floor, other than that it still looks pretty good!

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too much drama at my house for Christmas decorations this year. But your cats sound like they're having fun!! I grew up one of 6 cats (lol) and it got t to the point we just naturally assumed nobody decorated the bottom half of their Christmas trees!! My older sister came to visit and noticed...took us a few seconds to realize, why, yes, the bottom of the tree WAS empty!!!

[emoji]127876[/emoji][emoji]127876[/emoji][emoji]127876[/emoji][emoji]127876[/emoji]

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's fine here.  They seem to bother the tree less as they get older.  They haven't chewed on the tree nearly as much as previous years.  For the first week or so Mooch kept batting ball ornaments off the bottom branches and chasing those around the room.  THAT is new!  I have small children; so I have mostly unbreakable things on it.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Ours isn't up yet - we wait till the last minute and then take it down on January 2nd. We have a little pre-decorated desktop tree that's been out for about two weeks and is no longer decorated. :lol3:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The new tree in the living room is doing OK, but that's only because Rick put up the Tacky White Tree in the kitchen. Tabby loves that TWT and she simply will not leave it alone. The other night I saw the branches start to rustle. Slapped my kitchen towel up against the kitchen chair and Tabby shot out of the middle of the tree! And Tabby's not a little girl; she's seriously plump! No wonder the branches are in such bad shape.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I'm going to put mine up today. Last year was Ruby's first Christmas with me and she seemed to find it to be quite a wonderful plaything! 
  She didn't climb it, but I did find quite a few of my (thankfully Dollar Store) ornaments shattered on the floor.  I've learned my lesson - there will be no breakables on the tree this year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

The new tree in the living room is doing OK, but that's only because Rick put up the Tacky White Tree in the kitchen. Tabby loves that TWT and she simply will not leave it alone. The other night I saw the branches start to rustle. Slapped my kitchen towel up against the kitchen chair and Tabby shot out of the middle of the tree! And Tabby's not a little girl; she's seriously plump! No wonder the branches are in such bad shape.
hahahahahaha!!!!!!! all of these stories crack me up, The dollar store is a wonderful thing when you have cats. that is where i get my tree decoration from!

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fur babies pulled a branch out of the bottom back row on our fake tree. My human baby throws things over the surround gate and makes the ornaments fall off. But all around it looks good.

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a very solid heavy tree holder and I only put non-breakable ornaments on the bottom part.  Hey, they gotta enjoy the tree too. 

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

We have a very solid heavy tree holder and I only put non-breakable ornaments on the bottom part.  Hey, they gotta enjoy the tree too. 
oh i totally agree with you, its like a gigantic toy for them!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i cant figure out how to edit posts, but Fhicat- that video is hilarious, having cats my whole adult life the tree is fair game. I know everyday when i come home there's a chance it might be on the floor!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's going great! We have our small tree on a small table that's high off the ground. We have no shiny ornaments this year lol so they aren't tempted. Last year they had easy access and knocked it over like 3 times before Christmas.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Bruno is a smart cat. He's more interested in the presents under the tree. He does enjoy batting the ornaments. I've grown to realize that he doesn't want to break them.
 I just put some presents under the tree tonight and all 3 of them had to go investigate. My little one Stark, was trying to rip the bows of the presents! i love Christmas day when all the gifts are open and the cats go nuts with the wrapping paper and boxes!

opriouscatrius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me too. Merry Christmas to you and your cats! :D

I only had one present with a bow on it, and Bruno seemed quite interested. Last year he loved ripping up the wrapping paper. I'll have to save the wrapping paper, maybe I can use it to make some kind of toy. I just made him a treat container, and maybe he'll get something from the give away.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alternatively, to enhance the Christmas experience....there's this:

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
INCREDIBLY, my cats have not bothered ANY of my Christmas decorations. I've never had any decor the whole time I've had them until this year, and I am just shocked. We secured the tree with fishing line attached to hooks and the first few minutes they were interested in chewing that, but other than that they've not bothered it at all. I'm NOT complaining!!!!