How is my cat's spay site looking?

moniquetle33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey fellow cat lovers! My 6 month old kitten got spayed 9 days ago and I am concerned with how the site is healing. Looking at the pictures attached, I THINK the three greyish clumpy sites might be the surgical glue? If so, when will this go away?

Near the bottom, it looks slightly open, but there are not any signs of infection as far as I know. She was able to lick the site occasionally because I had to purchase a different E-collar and i even tried a DIY tshirt recovery suit (managed to take off after a day or two).
Any suggestions as to how it is healing? I am worried by around day 14 the site will not be well enough to remove her E-collar.

** I am not stretching her belly enough to open the stitches. Just holding her leg up to be able to see the incision site :) **
Any help is awesome, THANK YOU!
166691020_1273823699681932_7075120979790349792_n.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moniquetle33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
(this is the original poster): editing! I think the surgical glue clumped up because when I picked her up on day 1 after surgery, the area was already clumpy. My cat was picked up without the E-collar on, and the E-collar was handed directly to me. (Maybe glue was not able to dry fully before she got nosy with her new surgery site?)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oddly, to me, the picture is almost too close to see well. That may sound weird, but that's how it is for me anyway. But that being said, perhaps you could send a picture to the Vet who did the surgery and ask them about it? That might set your mind at ease.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That was my problem, too. Just a bit too close. When looking at surgical sites, it is helpful to see the surrounding tissue, as well.