How is everyone's Easter going?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got back from Benson and spending the afternoon with the kids and grandkids. The twins went crazy for the shorts and shirts that I got them and insisted upon putting them on, right away. Pictures to follow.

Feliza and Isabel got to hunt eggs, in the back yard. When they started throwing them. it was time to take away their buckets.

I have a crockpot full of beans and ham, that has been simmering all day. With a skillet of cornbread, that's tonight's dinner.

Bill had to stay home - there's a big paving job, in Casa Grande and he had to remain on call. He DID break in the new vacuum cleaner. Immediately, after Bill was finished, Buddy chucked a hairball in the middle of the family room. Great timing, Buddy.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we got really bad service at the restaurant but that was quickly remedied by a bribe of free dessert - an ultra rich chocolate cake with fresh strawberries, bananas, ben and jerry's ice cream(chocolate chip and chocolate icecreams), whipped cream and chocolate sauce.

Cindy, I think you would have been in heaven with that chocolate overload!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meh. Nothing much going on.

We actually got up early enough to try to go out to breakfast...but the restaurants were so busy it wasn't even worth it. Tried to go shopping to pick up some essentials, and all the retail places were closed. We weren't the only ones...when we went to Wal Mart there were at least 5 other cars in a line with us heading there only to find it closed. Finally hit the grocery store, since apparently that's the only thing open on Easter. We're having a decent dinner tonight, mainly because there was some good stuff on sale at the grocery, and we already had a pork tenderloin in the freezer.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a very nice Easter so far...got to re-home a gray, neglected Oregon kitty to Leah's (TCS: Dick'n'Leah) outside Tacoma, WA here, and that was all I wanted
....then I brought Easter brunch to Eric at work who will not be home until 1 am and missed his family's dinner, and hugged him and the new puppy.
It's horrid weather here today so now I am home and warm and dry and catching up with all of you!
And......here are Sasha and Saba with their catnip bunnies:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a great time, we got to see all the families all dressed up and out for brunch. We just had appetizers and beer.

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, we did the crawfish boil yesterday with the family, came home and passed out!!!!

This morning, I was too tired after playing "Easter Bunny" for our son to cook our ham dinner so we finally got to eat it for supper.

It's kind of spooky here, we had to wear pants and jackets today........way down here in south Louisiana! I don't ever remember it being this cool this late in the year!

All in all we had a good day (lazy day) and now I'm getting ready to clean the kitchen.