How i treat fleas in kittens?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens are probably to weak/young to handle anything right now. I would wait until their first round of shots and then the vet can give them revolution.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go get a very fine toothed flea comb and comb both mother and kittens.

Have a bowl of hot soapy water to kill the fleas you get off the cats/kittens. I would flea comb several times a day.

Also you might need to treat the carpet in your home with flea spray/powder. Fleas only spend about 10% of their time ON the cat - the rest of the time they are hiding in the carpet and laying eggs.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No advice here, just a comment- what a pretty group. Can I have the pretty calico in the front? Unfortunately I'm just kidding, but she is gorgeous!

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please remove the flea collar from Colin. They are full of toxic chemicals and can cause harm, especially to baby kittens. Instead, treat her with Program, Frontline, Revolution or Advantage.

If the advice others have given you isn't working, you can see how to treat fleas in very young kittens here: http://www.kitten-rescue.com/parasites.html

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You have to be really careful with very young kittens and fleas.
If there are too many fleas kittens can become aneamic from the blood loss.

As for flea collars, I agree with kumbulu. I used flea collars on my cats but stopped as the fur around Izzys' neck had been rubbed off. I was advised (on another forum) that the fur would not grow back.

I now use Advantage.

Good luck and please let us know how the kittens get on.