How I know my cats run my life!

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the eight years since I've had cats, I've only gone away from home overnight on two occasions, so that isn't much of a problem. But my cats still run my life. Tonight again Red Cat gave me orders to get off the computer and get back to work sewing in a different room. He wouldn't stop pestering me until I did. He's done that several times. (I suspect part of the reason for his behavior is that usually either Purdy or Sheba sit in my lap when I'm on the computer, and he wanted me in the other room. He knows that when I'm sewing, no one is allowed on my lap.)

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends all think I am mad because I call home every night if I am away. And I leave parties etc early to get back to them. Or don't go in the first place. Of course, I cancelled all Christmas and new year plans this last year because Persil was sick, but anyone would do that, wouldn't they?

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just don't take a trip if Sierra is not with me, I could never leave her and do not have a reliable sitter for her here. I hardly ever see my family anymore because Sierra does not like to travel. I rarely go out for anything other than work, I don't want to leave her. I am presently working a 16 hour shift, and it is proving incredibly difficult not because I'm exhausted, but because Sierra is home alone and I just wish I was there with her! Wish I had some way of knowing if she's ok, what she is doing, is she worried about me when I'm away? Sure am looking forward to going home.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, this is bad....
I have to go to a 2-week conference in San Antonio this July....Well, the people putting on the conference pay for us all to stay in this hotel and also pay for our flight.... but the hotel does not allow pets! So, I am contemplating looking for another CAT FRIENDLY hotel in the area and driving out there with the girls. I probably will not do it b/c I doubt the girls would enjoy the long drive....but I'm already dying inside thinking about not seeing them for 2 weeks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

My friends all think I am mad because I call home every night if I am away. And I leave parties etc early to get back to them. Or don't go in the first place. Of course, I cancelled all Christmas and new year plans this last year because Persil was sick, but anyone would do that, wouldn't they?
Most definitley!