How I became a cat person or...

sophe1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
......Hi,I am jess and my little babe is Sophe and she is 9 months old soon, when I first saw her i thought that my life must have been made up this way.
Well it was a monday, I still remember it like it was yesterday ( even though it is not htat very long).
I called the "man" and he said yes we have still two more kittens, ok I said, I be there around 8pm, I got lost and ware there 8.45pm (sigh, but it was worth it)anyhow, I get there and we go in to the kitchen and I see them and I almost fell backwards because I could see that they ware not 10-13 weeks and they ware still eating from there mother.
But then I thought to my self and came to realize that if I dont take her someone else will and it could be someone mean, she was only 5 weeks old, and the later trying to get there attention, I dont think so NO, they ware more in to playing which is ok, but I did not know what to do, they ware so cute and cuddely.

I called a cab, because I did not have a cat box and I would never go by train with a kitten with no box because of safty reason, I mean anything can happen.

Then the car cames and I put "Sophe" inside my jacket and she starts to cry, but soon cames down when she wwas n the car, and after acouple of minutes she was on the window lika magnet.

I can just see how she was looking at everyone and the ideas she looked like having when she was looking at me," why ae they staring at me like that?", "whay are they having so funny faces when they looking at me?"
well Iknew, I was because she is so cute and adorable.

When we came home, she was calm for some time and the started to cry again, but sooner the I thought she was a sleep.
She woke up 2am and wanted milk, I trusted her for 10-15 minutes and the she fell in sleep again.
She did that for 2-3 days and then she adopted me as her new "mother", now I cant go anywhere with out her knowing.

She even trying calm me down when me and my boyfriend are having our monthly rowls.....lol I just laugh when I think about it.
What I am trying to say by all this is, that I love her to bits and by telling you guys I am trying to show my appreciation for my cat and to my cat, my babe Sophe.

http://clix.to/sophe

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jess!!! I am so glad that you came here, to the catsite!! And your story about sophie is so sweet!!! What color is she? I am so glad you adopted her!!!!!! Welcome to you and to sophie!!!!!!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My daddy is the best! Growing up (he was a postman) he would find baby kittens (and other animals) on his rounds and bring them home. The early pictures of me, I am always lugging a cat in my arms. LOL And my mother, surprisingly does not like cats, but she let my dad bring them home. We had a beautiful calico female named Princess, and she was very sought after. We always had kittens- (this was back in the 50's and 60's) before the spay and neuter concern. So I always had cats.

When I got married the second time, my husband who lived in Alaska took me out to the bush to live. There was virtually nothing out there- but snow, and wildlife and two kinds of trees. One morning, I looked out my kitchen window and saw two feral kitties in the snow! I started feeding them inside an old log, gradually creeping the food closer to the window, eventually opening the window (over protests from hubby) and then the kittens were inside! We called them Iggi and Auggie in honor of a native village not far from our homestead. Iggie was a silver tabby, and Auggie was a black and white. Both were males, and we flew them into Juneau to have them neutered. They loved to play hide and seek from our husky dog and would sleep wrapped up in bears paws.

When we moved to a bigger town, they came with and Auggie died when he was treed by a black bear, and fell to his death..Iggi lived until 3 years ago when he died from kidney failure. He was 15 years old.

The other cats just came. People heard I had a soft heart for kittens, and they would show up with a litter or an individual kitten, and I just couldn't say no. We had one calico that loved to ride in big trucks and she would jump into the UPS truck when it drove up. The driver would just let her lay on the dashboard and bring her back before he headed back into Anchorage. When we left Alaska over 10 years ago, we came down the highway in a 31 foot motor home with 2 adults, 2 dogs, and 7 cats!

The numbers have grown and today I have 25 cats. We live in rural Oregon and the cats are well cared for, happy and I try to find homes for the many who come here. I am really picky about where they go, and am known around town as that crazy cat woman. Lately, I have had to say no more cats though as I am at my limit. My stepkids when they came to visit once year told me that "pop hates cats!" I looked over where Bacardi, Tumbowls and Kahuna were sprawled on pop's lap and had to laugh. he is no cat hater!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Hissy....that is such a wonderful story....you sound like such a kindhearted person....I sure was sad to hear about the one that got treed by the bear, though
Poor thing. Glad you have joined us.

sophe1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi again guy's, good to be back, Sophe is white and have blck spotts here and there, she looks like a dalmation but she is a cat.

how can i show her to you guys if you dont have the time to go to my site?
I would like to show her to all of you?

jess & sophe.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jess.....Sophie is absolutely adorable!!!!! I love the long black stripe down her nose!! No wonder you fell in love with her! What a little doll! Thanks for showing us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, Sophie is a doll! I love that lil' black mark on her nose! You've gotta give her a kiss on that spot for me! How totally adorable. She looks like a sweetheart!